• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

Since I was the only one doing PBP on the 18z I guess it's up to me to start a new thread when we get to 40 and keep the mojo going.

+1 keep it goin'

Storm will be on the 00z for sure, in the bank...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm now taking bets on whether the 264 NC snowstorm will be there on the 0z gfs. Got to atleast add something interesting to this winter. Place your bets now!

I bet it's on there, in some form or another. The massive ridge out west is the key I think and it looked like it showed up on a few ensembles.

Well there is still something there around 264 and 276 so I would say I lose and those that said it would still be there win. Nothing near as nice as 18z but its something. Anybody for double or nothing on the 12z tomorrow? I won't be here for the 6z run so that's the reason I said 12z.

Well there is still something there around 264 and 276 so I would say I lose and those that said it would still be there win. Nothing near as nice as 18z but its something. Anybody for double or nothing on the 12z tomorrow? I won't be here for the 6z run so that's the reason I said 12z.

I won't be on all day, but I'm down for evening runs. :popcorn: +mojo

I'll take double or nothing it's there again in some form on the 12Z run. :whistle:

Was it February of 2002 that had the big winter storm on the East Coast? We had a major ice storm in the Carolinas. I believe it was around President's Day. The day before(Saturday) it was 67 degrees, and the local mets(Cessarich) said don't let this warm air fool ya, because a strong CAD effect was coming to meet approaching moisture from the Gulf. 24 hours later it was 40 degrees colder and the entire area was a glazed doughnut.

Just came across this...

Google now posting emergency alerts via Google Maps

news.cnet.com

Public safety alerts for floods, tornadoes, and other ongoing dangers around the world can now be found by searching or viewing Google Maps, which can pinpoint the location and details on the disaster. Read this blog post by Lance Whitney on Digital Media.

Let us not forget what today is: http://www4.ncsu.edu...cases/20000125/

8 in. imby from that....any other year that would have been a great snow for me (still was really) but after watching all the footage of the piles of snow just to my west....I swear I've never been more disappointed of an 8 in storm in all my life! :snowing:

8 in. imby from that....any other year that would have been a great snow for me (still was really) but after watching all the footage of the piles of snow just to my west....I swear I've never been more disappointed of an 8 in storm in all my life! :snowing:

I here you. I am in the SE corner of Nash County that is listed between the 4-8 and 8-10 field. It was hard getting a good depth because the winds howled most of the storm at 30-40 mph. Had 3 to 4 foot snow drifts around the house and bulidings on the fram. I was able to pinpoint an average of 13.5". Being in high school at the time, I didn't know how to report it. KRWI was not that great at the time of reporting observations, so that I feel the map is a little underdone for Nash and Wilson counties.

Archived