BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what has me hanging on right now? I want to see if there is a snowstorm between February 15-25. If there is then Roger Smith has had a good winter forecast. It's been good so far but that would just put it over the top.

Another good call was from skierinvermont in the snow cover thread back in the fall. He pointed out that the Nov stratosphere temps were near record minimums...and that this strongly supported a positive AO in Dec and Jan...which has been the case.

They just put the snowshovels out for people to buy at my local grocery store and people are actually buying...some asking when the snow is coming... :facepalm:

Maybe if we believe....then it will happen! :snowing:

lol, they put them out with fear mongering to get surpless sales maybe. That's pathethic.

Edit:

And OMG there is so munch banter talk from selects in the model/weather discussion threads consistently.. and nothing ever happens. I'm just gonna ignore all posts there but 20% of the board I guess. So If I'm asked a question by those ignored, sorry.

They just put the snowshovels out for people to buy at my local grocery store and people are actually buying...some asking when the snow is coming... :facepalm:

Maybe if we believe....then it will happen! :snowing:

They invested in so many of them because of last year they have to sell them somehow or else it's a total loss.

lol, they put them out with fear mongering to get surpless sales maybe. That's pathethic.

Edit:

And OMG there is so munch banter talk from selects in the model/weather discussion threads consistently.. and nothing ever happens. I'm just gonna ignore all posts there but 20% of the board I guess. So If I'm asked a question by those ignored, sorry.

That'll cool way down if we ever have any real winter weather to track.

Was without internet at home, so I spent last night following the severe outbreak on an iphone. Needless to say I'm excited to be back on a much bigger screen (laptop). Checking something occasionally on a smart phone is alright, but when you're on it too much it becomes annoying lol.

Wheres the snow? :cry:

Edit:

Report it, that's what I do. I've been guilty of it from time to time but there are a select few as you say who are consistent.

Looky, culprit #3.

Seriously? First of all....nobody is asking you any questions so apologizing in advance for ignoring them is a mute point. Second of all if you didn't have such a smart azz attitude your warning bar would have been removed by now. Third of all if you think that you are the only one that knows about the weather, how it works, how to read a map, how to understand what will happen not only in your back yard, but others as well, you are sadly mistaken. I'm not sure what crawled up your azz tonight, but it would be wise to keep it to yourself. ;)

Seriously? First of all....nobody is asking you any questions so apologizing in advance for ignoring them is a mute point. Second of all if you didn't have such a smart azz attitude your warning bar would have been removed by now. Third of all if you think that you are the only one that knows about the weather, how it works, how to read a map, how to understand what will happen not only in your back yard, but others as well, you are sadly mistaken. I'm not sure what crawled up your azz tonight, but it would be wise to keep it to yourself. ;)

Well, that hit a nerve I suppose. Calm yourself.

Troll :

One of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective - their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.

What nerve? Just explaining it to you in black and white, as you are the one who said I was a culprit. You must have a serious ego problem if you actually think you could bother me in any way.

I never thought I would bother you per say. In fact I don't think I've ever mentioned your name. You jumped out asking why I was "whining" so I retaliated afterwards. Although, I did get quite the impressive response from you. God only knows what you could have posted had I said "culprit #1."

Edit: Also, from a couple responses ago; I never claimed to be good at forecasting. I'm pretty new to it and most of this forum is much better than I am.

Edit:

Yeah I know. It's over-moderated then. Says my "warn" that I've had for over a year now. (:

Trust me, reporting on said individuals would do nothing. Can't do much for "old school" immunity.

I never thought I would bother you per say. In fact I don't think I've ever mentioned your name. You jumped out asking why I was "whining" so I retaliated afterwards. Although, I did get quite the impressive response from you. God only knows what you could have posted had I said "culprit #1."

Edit: Also, from a couple responses ago; I never claimed to be good at forecasting. I'm pretty new to it and most of this forum is much better than I am.

Please see the bolded as to the question why you were whining. Instead of whining about it, why don't you do something constructive like pm a mod and ask for it to be removed or an answer as to why it would continue to be there. What said individuals that are "old school" would you be referring to? You said I was culprit #3, so a word of wisdom to you would be to filter my responses (and culprit 1 and 2) out if they annoy you so much. BTW....I didn't jump out, I asked a question and my response wasn't impressive it was just stating facts.

Edit:

Yeah I hardly post in that thread these days, I feel every time I start writing up a reply I just start talking crap about all the banter and then I myself am bantering and my post should belong here anyway. It's a strange winter. Disco is slow due to absolutely no threats and limited model watching but people feel the need to post constantly anyway, so you get a lot of blah blah blah. It should change if we get a good storm and the mods kick in.

They invested in so many of them because of last year they have to sell them somehow or else it's a total loss.

Could be the case but I feel like they bought them to prepare for this winter. I work there, as a pharm tech though...the back room is usually left uncluttered of old relics from the previous year, as we usually discount said shovels come spring to get them out. I heard a customer service clerk go "When is it going to snow, all I see on my weather app is rain..." :axe:

Please see the bolded as to the question why you were whining. Instead of whining about it, why don't you do something constructive like pm a mod and ask for it to be removed or an answer as to why it would continue to be there. What said individuals that are "old school" would you be referring to? You said I was culprit #3, so a word of wisdom to you would be to filter my responses (and culprit 1 and 2) out if they annoy you so much. BTW....I didn't jump out, I asked a question and my response wasn't impressive it was just stating facts.

You seem to be spending a lot of time responding to me. I know I'm cute. Thanks! :wub:

Looking towards severe weather season at this point, then hopefully a cooler than normal summer. We had two wicked cold winters followed by a warm and dull one. So what do the two exceptionally hot summers in a row lead to?

With our luck, it may become terribly hot again for the summer :devilsmiley:...or it could always be cooler. Eh I'll play the funny guy and say that I blame the curse of 2012 for the horrible winter. That should answer everyone's question about the pattern. ;):whistle:

Archived