• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

So I come out of Walmart today heading toward the car when all the sudden, I hear a little girl saying: "I saw a snowflake mommy." The woman says: "You couldn't have. There wasn't a forecast for any snow today." Strangely enough, I saw a white-like object fall down from the sky as well right after the little girl said that so I walk over to where it fell. Turns out it was bird poop that she had saw. :lol: Gotta love it when your eyes play tricks like that especially during a cold cloudy day like this.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I come out of Walmart today heading toward the car when all the sudden, I hear a little girl saying: "I saw a snowflake mommy." The woman says: "You couldn't have. There wasn't a forecast for any snow today." Strangely enough, I saw a white-like object fall down from the sky as well right after the little girl said that so I walk over to where it fell. Turns out it was bird poop that she had saw. :lol: Gotta love it when your eyes play tricks like that especially during a cold cloudy day like this.

Lol oh how we want snow so bad!

Wow. It's a wonder nobody got squashed and killed!

TW

Only good thing about the south is if it snowed like that during the day not many people would be out trying to brave it. I'm sure in Utah people go, "drove in this a million times". We have our idiots but you usually don't see videos like this coming out of storms around here.

Don't know if this has been posted yet but Mother of God!

OK, that was crazy! What idiot decides to drive down the road when he can see that there are already roughly 10 cars all smashed up on the side. That video really gets cranking for the last minute or two. The car that slams into the snowplow was classic! That video was like a vehicle version of Winter Wipeout! We just needed some snarky commentary to go along with it!

Thanks for sharing, Burger!

"I'm late about this since I wasn't around yesterday but I saw the crap that happened yesterday and it pretty much pissed me off. I know this winter might be getting to some people but here's the deal, We are going to keep this thread/forum up to the standards we have set for years and anyone who doesn't meet those standards is going to be delt with.

And I want anyone who is being a jackass to be reported or pm me personally. If NC or myself isn't around, we can't deal with it unless someone reports it. So report these people folks and keep things on topic and respectful."

from Lookout

Dang i take a day off from the board and get all into some good football games and I missed all the action.. Someone give an update on who was being an a-hole to who and who got a timeout..plz

Back to work in a week for after 5 1/2 months off!! that's gonna be rough but that may be the reason we've had nothing snowy to track b/c i've had plenty of idle time to watch..get me back at work where i can barely find time to read the boards and we're in bitness!! my theory

Only good thing about the south is if it snowed like that during the day not many people would be out trying to brave it. I'm sure in Utah people go, "drove in this a million times". We have our idiots but you usually don't see videos like this coming out of storms around here.

That's whats so funny about people in Atl. They always blame those bad southern drivers, and "we are used to driving in this", and it's them that cause all the problems thinking they can drive in it. Atl. is a city of hills, and no one can drive on a hill of ice, I don't care where you're from :) When I was up there I had a vw with a studded snow tire on the drive wheel, and I could drive in it if I went slow, but only at night when everyone else was at home (that's when I went sledding), but I was only one of a few hundred across the whole city that would be out at 2am. It's a scream watching these idiots that "can drive in this" from some flat land city else where trying to drive in Atl. T

I think the big difference is that "up north" they tend to get the dry powder on already frozen surfaces - it is more like driving on sand or powder and really isn't slick. Raise the temp closer to freezing and increase the water content, and you get roads that are alot more difficult to maneuver. TW

That's whats so funny about people in Atl. They always blame those bad southern drivers, and "we are used to driving in this", and it's them that cause all the problems thinking they can drive in it. Atl. is a city of hills, and no one can drive on a hill of ice, I don't care where you're from :) When I was up there I had a vw with a studded snow tire on the drive wheel, and I could drive in it if I went slow, but only at night when everyone else was at home (that's when I went sledding), but I was only one of a few hundred across the whole city that would be out at 2am. It's a scream watching these idiots that "can drive in this" from some flat land city else where trying to drive in Atl. T

Yea, it cracks me up. The worst drivers here are the ones from up north!

"I'm late about this since I wasn't around yesterday but I saw the crap that happened yesterday and it pretty much pissed me off. I know this winter might be getting to some people but here's the deal, We are going to keep this thread/forum up to the standards we have set for years and anyone who doesn't meet those standards is going to be delt with.

And I want anyone who is being a jackass to be reported or pm me personally. If NC or myself isn't around, we can't deal with it unless someone reports it. So report these people folks and keep things on topic and respectful."

from Lookout

Dang i take a day off from the board and get all into some good football games and I missed all the action.. Someone give an update on who was being an a-hole to who and who got a timeout..plz

Back to work in a week for after 5 1/2 months off!! that's gonna be rough but that may be the reason we've had nothing snowy to track b/c i've had plenty of idle time to watch..get me back at work where i can barely find time to read the boards and we're in bitness!! my theory

LOL! I was wondering the same thing. I was spending most of my time in the severe thread and watching the games so I missed it.....again.

LOL! I was wondering the same thing. I was spending most of my time in the severe thread and watching the games so I missed it.....again.

Someone said something about this winter and how we shouldn't give up or something and someone replied with a picture of a kid with down syndrome in superman cape flexing his muscles. It's a picture that has been spread far and wide across the internet. Another user was upset because his kid has down syndrome. IMO while it was in bad taste I doubt the poster was aware of how people would react. I didn't see any harm in it..but then again I don't have kids.

Someone said something about this winter and how we shouldn't give up or something and someone replied with a picture of a kid with down syndrome in superman cape flexing his muscles. It's a picture that has been spread far and wide across the internet. Another user was upset because his kid has down syndrome. IMO while it was in bad taste I doubt the poster was aware of how people would react. I didn't see any harm in it..but then again I don't have kids.

Unfortunatley, you have to have thick skin to go out in the great www these days. A good example, comments made below the story of the Alabama tornados on Yahoo!. If anyone wants their blood pressure raised, check it out.

For every one person who is vocally upset about something you can easily count on a handful more who were upset but said nothing.

Don't know if this has been posted yet but Mother of God!

This would have been great entertainment for me if it was in front of my house. Kinda like watching people try to pull out of my road when it's icy..they keep trying and trying. Of course, I wouldn't want anyone to be hurt but jeeeez. Favorite qoute " HE MADE IT!!!! Nope he hit a pole" :lol:

I think the big difference is that "up north" they tend to get the dry powder on already frozen surfaces - it is more like driving on sand or powder and really isn't slick. Raise the temp closer to freezing and increase the water content, and you get roads that are alot more difficult to maneuver. TW

Very true. It's a totally different experience. Another interesting difference is the roads freezing. All across the south you see signs saying "bridge freezes before roadway". Up north the opposite sometimes happens. A 33 degree rain after a cold spell will not freeze on the 33 degree bridge surface but the cold in the ground will cause freezing in other areas.

Good news...bad news folks. Good news is I found snow. Bad news is that I'm 30k feet over central Utah. That said, everyone needs to stop panicking. Every year I make this trip to the west coast and it snows deeper than monkey balls as soon as I return. Last year I had to drive home in 9 inches from clt to gso when I got back.

I promise I will hook up the snow flow to the back of this plane come Friday and pull that booger back to the southeast. Time to save winter......somebody's got to do it!!

Good news...bad news folks. Good news is I found snow. Bad news is that I'm 30k feet over central Utah. That said, everyone needs to stop panicking. Every year I make this trip to the west coast and it snows deeper than monkey balls as soon as I return. Last year I had to drive home in 9 inches from clt to gso when I got back.

I promise I will hook up the snow flow to the back of this plane come Friday and pull that booger back to the southeast. Time to save winter......somebody's got to do it!!

I hope she appreciated it.

Archived