• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

Hey guys, remember back in the day when we'd have maps showing a lot of potential? Just getting back into the groove for when we actually have something to track. haha

Feeling good about things this morning. That's all, carry on.

I have a few from 2010-11

86Nkk.gif

YMN0b.gif

J0PvY.gif

hKiGZ.gif

:violin:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote that Brick starts the Feb. discussion thread. What could go wrong?

Steve...I have the well, and the stove, but the cow is in a gallon jug in the ice box, and I have indoor plumbing smile.png T

Edit: Oh, and lightening blew a hole in the phone tap from the pole, and I didn't know it for a week...so that is kind of like having a busy party line you can't talk on :)

Steve...I have the well, and the stove, but the cow is in a gallon jug in the ice box, and I have indoor plumbing smile.png T

Edit: Oh, and lightening blew a hole in the phone tap from the pole, and I didn't know it for a week...so that is kind of like having a busy party line you can't talk on smile.png

biggrin.png

Yea, you mentioning the Fisher brought back old memories. That farm was a really cool place to visit since I was from the city. I had a cow chase me, watched my grandfather grab a chicken by the neck and lop off it's head... then watched it run around for a minute with no head... ahhhhh, the good 'ole days!

biggrin.png

Yea, you mentioning the Fisher brought back old memories. That farm was a really cool place to visit since I was from the city. I had a cow chase me, watched my grandfather grab a chicken by the neck and lop off it's head... then watched it run around for a minute with no head... ahhhhh, the good 'ole days!

Freak :) T

Steve...I have the well, and the stove, but the cow is in a gallon jug in the ice box, and I have indoor plumbing :) T

Edit: Oh, and lightening blew a hole in the phone tap from the pole, and I didn't know it for a week...so that is kind of like having a busy party line you can't talk on smile.png

...everything. He has no mojo.

Here's the problem I'm having w/ the it's only January 19th argument. I think we can all agree that we are not going to see any kind of change before February 1st and that is if we see any change by then. So for arguments sake lets just say the pattern starts to change on February 1st, it's still going to take some time for the cold to work its way to the SE. Now lets say we have the a good pattern by the middle of February, that gives us a 3 to 4 week period of getting a snowstorm. It's very possible that it could work out and we get that snowstorm during that time but winter has been cut down to 3 or 4 weeks in that scenario. And as we've found out over the past 2 winters, we can have the perfect setup for snow in the SE and still not get anything. Of course I'm still going to be looking at the models and hoping for the best but time is running out on the 2011/2012 winter. I'm really trying not to be a downer here but just trying to be realistic.

This is a good post. Yes I know those who live in the mountains have a much larger window of opportunity for snowfall but the fact is most of us do not live there. East of the mountains the chance of a good snow falls very rapidly once we get into March. 1960 is often mentioned to refute that but the fact you have to go back 51 years for the example speaks for itself. The superstorm of 93 roared through on a Saturday here. The storm of the century amounted to a couple of hours of snow and it was gone. Melted the next day and school was held on Monday with only a 1 hour delay to be careful of any spots that refroze overnight. So March here is possible but not likely. As for April....forget about it.

In past years when we had multiple chances for snow but they ended up not panning out, I said to myself that I would rather live in a place like Florida that never has a chance for snow. That way,at least I would never get my hopes up and up disappointed. However, now that we've gone through nearly 2 months of winter without any potential snowstorms to track, I realize that winter would be incredibly boring living in a place that never got snow. Part of the fun is the hope and excitement of what may happen, even if we know deep down that the odds are probably stacked against us. Here's to hoping that we have at least 1 decent chance of snow this winter, even if it means we end up disappointed.

I'm feelin' a full-tilt Southern Belle Hissy Fit coming on. If you know any, you know we can't help it.

This winter sucks to the extent that I want it to be over. I'm not cliff diving as I'm way too proud for that. However, I would just love to take this hot-mess of a winter, wrap it in last year's table cloth, whack it with a corn broom a few good times and haul it's (bad word) over the cliff. I'd feel better.

(she wipes the stray curl from her misty brow and slams the screen door)

"Y'all have a nice day, now. Ya hear?"

I'm feelin' a full-tilt Southern Belle Hissy Fit coming on. If you know any, you know we can't help it.

This winter sucks to the extent that I want it to be over. I'm not cliff diving as I'm way too proud for that. However, I would just love to take this hot-mess of a winter, wrap it in last year's table cloth, whack it with a corn broom a few good times and haul it's (bad word) over the cliff. I'd feel better.

You GO girl!!! :clap:

:lol: ...I love Southern Belle Hissy Fits!

I'm loving the rants this year guys, one positive about this winter is the rants. Seen a few from folks I'd least expect this year.

It's what happens when you take a half-breed Cherokee, give her two months of bad hair days, a couple Diet Sundrops and a string of bad Euro runs. It should be against the law.

How bout a little ZR Drizzle?

SATURDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN...MAINLY IN THE

EVENING. LOWS IN THE MID 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS...BECOMING

NORTHEAST AROUND 10 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF RAIN

50 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...A SLIGHT CHANCE OF FREEZING DRIZZLE IN THE MORNING.

CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS. MUCH COOLER WITH HIGHS IN

THE LOWER 40S. EAST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH IN THE MORNING...BECOMING

LIGHT AND VARIABLE. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN. NEAR

STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE UPPER 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.

Awesome!

50 PERCENT.

Big Frosty have you heard anything from Joe Bastardi today? Has he put anything out ?

50 PERCENT.

That's what I've had all day!!! Minus the wintry stuff, of course. Can't be havin' any of that here now, can we?

:/

Yeah, I think without a doubt since I've been on weather forums, this is the most boring Winter I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. I'm turning into Brick, I think.

The 0Z GFS from last night looked awesome in the longer ranges. It was very nice. But we can't hold that look into the medium range.

Yeah, I think without a doubt since I've been on weather forums, this is the most boring Winter I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.  I'm turning into Brick, I think.

The 0Z GFS from last night looked awesome in the longer ranges.  It was very nice.  But we can't hold that look into the medium range.

Yeah this is the most boring winter I've ever had on the weather boards without a doubt!

Archived