Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 Product Variants in this Product Group

Cabled Vantage Pro2 with Standard Radiation Shield Wireless Vantage Pro2 and its wireless extras are not compatible with original Vantage Pro stations because they use different radios. ...More 6152C

Cabled Vantage Pro2 Plus with Standard Radiation Shield Includes all the features of Vantage Pro, plus everything you need for reading: - UV index and dose. - Solar radiation. - Evapotranspiration. - UV and solar radiation sensors are pre-installed on sensor mounting shelf. ...More 6162C

Wireless Vantage Pro2 with Standard Radiation Shield Wireless Vantage Pro2 and its wireless extras are not compatible with original Vantage Pro stations because they use different radios. ...More 6152

Wireless Vantage Pro2 with 24-Hour Fan-Aspirated Radiation Shield Includes the patented solar-powered 24-hour fan-aspirated radiation shield for maximum accuracy of temperature and humidity readings, along with all the features of Vantage Pro2. - Wireless Vantage Pro2 ...More 6153

Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with Standard Radiation Shield Includes all the features of Vantage Pro, plus everything you need for reading: - UV index and dose. - Solar radiation. - Evapotranspiration. - UV and solar radiation sensors are pre-installed on sensor mounting shelf. ...More 6162

Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with 24-Hour Fan-Aspirated Radiation Shield Includes the patented solar-powered 24-hour fan-aspirated radiation shield for maximum accuracy of temperature and humidity readings, along with all the features of Vantage Pro2 Plus. - Wireless Vantage ...More 6163

My advice is don't get a cabled system, go the wireless route. If you want to add more sensors later you're stuck if you're cabled.

It's funny, but the very thing that brings you dispair, brings me hope. We had several great snowstorms in the midst of a horrible decade for winter weather lovers.

I do remember a few ice storms in the 90s. Actually, the last decade was better for overall snow here, but it also had some years where it was all or nothing.

I want to go on record and say this is the WORST winter I've ever endured in Atlanta. And nothing that happens in the next month will change that.

This is definitely the worst winter i've ever experienced. Even worse than those warm winters in the mid 2000's. We're going to have to be 10 degrees below normal in February just to break even.

Looks like it's working now. They turn red if the last update is more than 10 minutes old. You'll see certain stations red more than others and it's usually because their software crashed or locked up. I use StartWatch to manage the loading and monitoring of applications and if anything blows up, StartWatch will force the app closed (if possible) and attempt to reload it. If all else fails it will restart the computer. Not only that, but I do an automatic restart every morning at 5am just in case. If seems that some weather apps are more susceptible to memory leaks that will eventually eat up all of your computer memory and cause a crash. In StartWatch you can assign memory limits to the apps and if reached, StartWatch will shut it down and restart it. Very slick application

Still not working from here. Mine stays green. All the other links work when I click on them to view the stations. When I click on my station I get:

Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.wundergro...sp

In the search box the link actually says www.wundergro sp

Given the "winter" we've had so far, I'm confused about what the groundhog will be prognosticating on February 2nd. Apparently, the choices are:

(1) If he sees his shadow, we'll have six more weeks of spring-like weather; or

(2) If he doesn't see his shadow, spring will be imminent.

Lol! Well, it might be too hot for him and they can't get him out of his nice cool hole. T

Given the "winter" we've had so far, I'm confused about what the groundhog will be prognosticating on February 2nd. Apparently, the choices are:

(1) If he sees his shadow, we'll have six more weeks of spring-like weather; or

(2) If he doesn't see his shadow, spring will be imminent.

Actually the groundhog has been awake for several weeks. His sleep was interrupted by a bad case of heat rash.

Still not working from here. Mine stays green. All the other links work when I click on them to view the stations. When I click on my station I get:

Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.wundergro...sp

In the search box the link actually says www.wundergro sp

ohhhhhh, ok, I'll get that fixed right now.

I feel pretty good about feb and march. Only time will tell. This year I increased our fleet adding another truck, plow and salter. Also have increased our clients. One of the largest snow contractor in the Piedmont and soon be one of the largest in the state. I made the comment a while back that it probably won't snow a bit this year since I increased in several areas. Always next winter!!! I think we will get some action in Feb and March

Just checking in, and it doesn't look like anything is happening anytime soon. :( I was hoping for at least a fantasy storm!

You know it's bad when Goofy can't even conjure up a decent fantasy storm :) All the way out, at the way, way out, it has two pitiful batches of light maybe snow, but the 0 line can't even make it into Fla. A decent fantasy storm has the 0 line in Miami, and 3 feet of snow in south Ga., lol. T

I feel pretty good about feb and march. Only time will tell. This year I increased our fleet adding another truck, plow and salter. Also have increased our clients. One of the largest snow contractor in the Piedmont and soon be one of the largest in the state. I made the comment a while back that it probably won't snow a bit this year since I increased in several areas. Always next winter!!! I think we will get some action in Feb and March

Whew! I'm glad it was you!! I bought two new snow tires, and cut and split enough wood for 5 winters this summer. I was afraid it was me :) T

Are 1985 and 2012 good analogs?

It's a complete noob question.

The only reason I ask is because the spring before these winters had big tornado outbreaks...and in the winter 1985 there was a huge arctic outbreak in the Carolinas. I don't have a ton of knowledge around gathering data.

Archived