• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

I'm planning on taking the wife and three little ones up to the WNC mountains to play in some snow tomorrow. I think the closer I am to the TN border, the more snow I should find. Anybody want to recommend Elk Park, Banner Elk, Newland, Zionville, or Todd? Don't really want to drive up the road to the top of Beech. Where do you think I'll find the most snow on the ground and the least congestion (traffic-wise). Maybe just going to Boone would be okay. We just want to find a little hill somewhere with snow on it to have some sledding fun.

As bad as it's been for the skiers this year i'd guess any roads up that way will be congested this weekend esp. with the next 2 weeks of above average temps looming...good luck though. Maybe ya'll will find a good spot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable this could be the worst winter ever for MBY? I guarantee spring late March-April will be cold and rainy 40s with nice CAD.... besides who wants cold when it should be in the 60s & 70s? I just wish we could skip thru till May!!! Most depressing winter ever so far! Through with the rant for now, maybe more later.

Just seen 12z GFS and Euro, See ya!!!

that looks familiar. ;)

I have several properties all around where you will be at. I was there today. Let me know what you are looking for. Does she live on Westover or where?

She lives on Clover just moved in this week. Really just anything good for food. We were going to go to Cloverdale Kitchen for breakfast and maybe hit up Alex's Cafe.

She lives on Clover just moved in this week. Really just anything good for food. We were going to go to Cloverdale Kitchen for breakfast and maybe hit up Alex's Cafe.

Cloverdale Kitchen is great. I plow that parking lot. Twin City Diner in front of the hospital is good to. If you want a steak, ribs, or anything good--take 40 west and take Silas Creek exit go over to Hanes Mall Blvd and restaurants every where!!! I prefer Tripps. You can also go up Miller Rd beside hospital and it will bring you out on Silas Creek

Cloverdale Kitchen is great. I plow that parking lot. Twin City Diner in front of the hospital is good to. If you want a steak, ribs, or anything good--take 40 west and take Silas Creek exit go over to Hanes Mall Blvd and restaurants every where!!! I prefer Tripps. You can also go up Miller Rd beside hospital and it will bring you out on Silas Creek

Thanks we'll check it out! I'll be up here every other weekend so might have to do a mini get together :thumbsup:

Thanks we'll check it out! I'll be up here every other weekend so might have to do a mini get together :thumbsup:

If you had told Im sure Big Frosty and me could have met you for lunch or something. If she needs her grass mowed or any landscape needs we can take care of her. I have properties all around her. Is this the girl you were with last year during all of the storms? I remember you were sneaking on the laptop LOL!!

If you had told Im sure Big Frosty and me could have met you for lunch or something. If she needs her grass mowed or any landscape needs we can take care of her. I have properties all around her. Is this the girl you were with last year during all of the storms? I remember you were sneaking on the laptop LOL!!

Ha-ha yea same one. Heck I still have to sneak around sometimes though she did come to the conference with me the other year. Still gives me **** about that! She lives in an Apartment so no grass to cut or anything like that. Heck you might do the yard here though it's very small.

Ha-ha yea same one. Heck I still have to sneak around sometimes though she did come to the conference with me the other year. Still gives me **** about that! She lives in an Apartment so no grass to cut or anything like that. Heck you might do the yard here though it's very small.

I think I know where she is at. We have some apts we do the snow for close by on Sunset and then a lot of properties down off Marshall which is near downtown. She lives on Clover or Cloverdale?

Well, I got back @ 9pm from the Vet after being there since 4 and a big bill. My oldest dog (7yrs old) got diagnosed with Diabetes. :cry: Luckily we are catching it in time, unlike his brother who passed away 4yrs ago at the age of 3yrs old. This year is NOT starting off the way I would have guessed. :thumbsdown: This is tough on me, but even more so on my wife as she's in CA on business. Man this SUCKS! Sorry guys, I just needed to vent. Anyone have any disco on the Clipper for tomorrow?

Since winter is over I'll be in Winston Salem where my girlfriend just moved not bothering with the weather this weekend. Anyone know some good lunch/dinner or drinking spots to hit up?

There are some really good places downtown, around the 4th street area. A couple of my favorites are Nomas and Sweet potatoes(damn good fried chicken). You could also hit up Foothills Brewing if you wanted to try a couple beers, its all within walking distance.

Since winter is over I'll be in Winston Salem where my girlfriend just moved not bothering with the weather this weekend. Anyone know some good lunch/dinner or drinking spots to hit up?

Hero House on Stratford has great subs and gyros (LOVE the Athena lol)....Fox and the Hound @ Thruway Shopping Center used to be a cool bar back in the day too....havnt been in a while though...downtown W-S is cool now a days too....and of course Greensboro is only 25 minutes away too...

The upcoming two weeks will probably be a tale of extremes.

For the Southeast, the jetstream will begin to pul north into Eastern Canada, but a couple of fronts will come through with rain over the next 2 weeks. In between, we'll get warmer and warmer and flirt with record highs. It will begin to feel like early Spring on the days there's sunshine, but the GFS is beginning to hone in over the southern Miss. Valley pretty soon, around day 9 or 10 with the front hitting a Bermuda Ridge, which should firmly be in place since the jet is in eastern Canada. Already strong winds and very strong gulf inflow is showing up on the boundary in La, Miss. Al. and the model holds that in place several days, so there could be a major rain event there. That eventually rains over the Southeast and East Coast, followed by another possible cutoff low. No cold air to be found, so that looks like a pure rainmaker. The model is very generous with rains esp. west of the Apps and toward the Gulf, with some 5" totals in 16 days.

It's probably safe to say that January will be very warm and have high + departures in all of the southeastern third of the nation. If there are enough sunny days late next week and then the next when it's very warm, this will push the growing season to an early false start. Sure we'll be seeing pics of blooming everything by the fourth week of the month (iris, daffodils, tulips, yellow bells, cherry trees, bradfords, etc).

i-H2cdWwM-L.jpg

i-SNwXcXV-L.jpg

i-NHZwZPV-L.jpg

i-VjDDDTd-L.jpg

i-ndzHdzT-L.jpg

i-NMJnLWf-L.jpg

i-B3rMJnQ-L.jpg

It's been a good winter here so far :thumbsup: More snow on the way.... I can't figure out what everbody is complaining about?

SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE

EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. LITTLE OR

NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND

10 MPH IN THE EVENING...BECOMING LIGHT AND VARIABLE. CHANCE OF

SNOW 40 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...SUNNY. A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE MORNING. LITTLE

OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. LIGHT AND

VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF SNOW 40 PERCENT.

lol.. you live around the mountains and you have "little or no snow accumulation expected". terrible winter for the entire us conus.

How in the hell can you type that much from your phone! :P It would take me a week of typing!!! :D

It was on his IPAD2 which is basically a laptop, I loves mine except for the crash issue on this site, they are very user friendly. Kind of looking forward to a warm spell so i can clean up the yard of limbs and such after the wind!

lol.. you live around the mountains and you have "little or no snow accumulation expected". terrible winter for the entire us conus.

I was being sarcastic! Because I know I'm not going to see any snow!!! Seen 3 flakes all year why should I expect anything tonight.... ;) In fact they have shaved my chances in half this morning. lol

I was being sarcastic! Because I know I'm not going to see any snow!!! Seen 3 flakes all year why should I expect anything tonight.... ;) In fact they have shaved my chances in half this morning. lol

I think you are in a good spot to see flakes tonight BF!!

It would really be nice if after the record setting warmth coming in the next couple weeks flips and gives us the opposite in February..."a February to remember" i can see it now!

Well, I got back @ 9pm from the Vet after being there since 4 and a big bill. My oldest dog (7yrs old) got diagnosed with Diabetes. :cry: Luckily we are catching it in time, unlike his brother who passed away 4yrs ago at the age of 3yrs old. This year is NOT starting off the way I would have guessed. :thumbsdown: This is tough on me, but even more so on my wife as she's in CA on business. Man this SUCKS! Sorry guys, I just needed to vent. Anyone have any disco on the Clipper for tomorrow?

sorry to hear that, it sucks. hopefully they caught it in time and can treat it. i have (and have had) dogs for years and years - when one gets sick (i had one with epilepsy about 10 years ago) and has to be treated for stuff like this its a shocker. hang in there!

Archived