Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

So bye bye miss American pie....

Can't believe I am saying this.......I know what will bring back our winter.......wait for it........The bouncing blue turd. That's what's missing this winter. It's the only thing that can change our luck. As much as I hated that thing last winter, It kinda grew on me......Would someone please help make that thing bounce again!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe I am saying this.......I know what will bring back our winter.......wait for it........The bouncing blue turd. That's what's missing this winter. It's the only thing that can change our luck. As much as I hated that thing last winter, It kinda grew on me......Would someone please help make that thing bounce again!

I've tried everything but nothing has worked. :( Until the administrators fix the forum so gif avatars work again, there will be no dancing Bloo i'm afraid. :axe:

it is rare i use the ignore feature. after reading the post Snow86 said to eyewall i ignored him. the only posts i saw since then were those of his that people were replying to. i am very glad he got a temporary time out and it was not premature imho

Wow, what a read in this forum and the long-range forum!! I have to take time off from monitoring posts in order to attend meetings at work this afternoon and find better drama than primetime TV on my favorite weatherboard when I check back in at home to catch up. It was a little difficult to make out what happened in the long-range thread, but fortunately when posts are deleted, they still show up if they have been replied to, so I could decipher most of it! :thumbsup: I literally laughed out loud so that my wife noticed when I was reading different parts of the exchange. My take is that the tone of delivery is the all important factor on here. I respect the humbleness of some much more than the bragadociousness of others. Carry on, though, as I read some more.

Oh, and where's our snow?? :snowwindow:

Exactly what happened at my house :lmao:

ROAD TRIP!

Snow in Alaska doesn't usually make big headlines, but even The Last Frontier has extremes.

Cordova, an isolated coastal town of about 2,000 people about 150 miles east of Anchorage, appears to be one of the hardest-hit locales, with the state National Guard reporting that it was sending Guardsmen and resources Monday after weeks of record snowfall left the city buried under 18 feet of the white stuff.

The state activated its State Emergency Operations Center on Friday to help Cordova handle the snow. The town had issued a disaster declaration earlier in the day.

http://news.blogs.cn...snow/?hpt=hp_c2

That will happen here one day!! I'm sure of it. Of course, the dominent species then might be the ice worm, but hey, ice worms like snow too!!

Good find :) T

The funniness is amplified when you consider that for most of the SE, it's really not much milder than a normal winter. :lol:

How soon we forget...

Yeah, that is what is funniest to me....it's pretty normal as winters go :) And the rest of Jan. and all of Feb, and Mar to go. Lord knows I've seen much warmer Jans, in Ga. anyway. I can see why some in NC might go nuts, but all they have to do is take a road trip to the mtns. next time it snows up there. T

WOW....whatever crack it is smoking, I sure would like to have some :pimp::lol:

Sometimes I wonder what the GFS ens smokes to come up with vastly different solutions, is there really that much variability less than 5 days out?

Sent from my iPad2

The GFS has been giving a little dusting here and there to East TN norheastward - so that's not bad for me. Although, if I have the extra funds I may just take a weekend flight to somewhere in Canada for the hell of it.

Cool, I may still be alive then. The magnitism has been fading for decades now. Won't be long before the jump :)

What I want to see is the Hab Theory snowacane. I believe one showed up on the gfs today, but it needs to be moving into a cross polar flow. T

I know you're both being silly - but it really irks me when people confuse a magnetic pole shift (which does very little) with an axis shift (which does a lot). Magnetic pole shifts have happened quite a bit in the history of the planet and life seems to adapt just fine. It won't effect the weather one iota.

I could of gone with $$ then I would have been permabanned!

Well there is a moderator here with a certain f word clearly visible in his avatar, so it's strange how one word is censored in posts yet visible everywhere throughout this board. I'm surprised nobody has reported that graphic yet for being offensive considering how jumpy people are around here :)

*banter*

This winter sucks. That is all, carry on.

*banter*

:lol:

Sigh....I agree ^_^

it is rare i use the ignore feature. after reading the post Snow86 said to eyewall i ignored him. the only posts i saw since then were those of his that people were replying to. i am very glad he got a temporary time out and it was not premature imho

I was at my son's basketball game and missed it :angry: Glad he got a time out

the board can thank me with all the snow in my backyard

8Mg4r.gif

Wooo Hooooo!!! :wub:

Sometimes I wonder what the GFS ens smokes to come up with vastly different solutions, is there really that much variability less than 5 days out?

Sent from my iPad2

I don't know but I wish it would share :lol:

Cool, I may still be alive then. The magnitism has been fading for decades now. Won't be long before the jump

What I want to see is the Hab Theory snowacane. I believe one showed up on the gfs today, but it needs to be moving into a cross polar flow. T

I would :wub: to see that too

The GFS has been giving a little dusting here and there to East TN norheastward - so that's not bad for me. Although, if I have the extra funds I may just take a weekend flight to somewhere in Canada for the hell of it.

I know you're both being silly - but it really irks me when people confuse a magnetic pole shift (which does very little) with an axis shift (which does a lot). Magnetic pole shifts have happened quite a bit in the history of the planet and life seems to adapt just fine. It won't effect the weather one iota.

Well there is a moderator here with a certain f word clearly visible in his avatar, so it's strange how one word is censored in posts yet visible everywhere throughout this board. I'm surprised nobody has reported that graphic yet for being offensive considering how jumpy people are around here :)

Quit whining :rolleyes::P

Loving the new moblie skin. It will now allow you to pick a page in the theard.

I assume WoW had something to do with it! Great work !!

Oh yeah ***t ***k

I'm very happy with the new skin and thank you wow, eek, and everyone else that worked hard to get it up and running :wub:

Archived