Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

LOL!!!

OK, here's the deal.

1. Not everyone is going to agree with everything you post. Get over it.

2. No one has all the answers.

3. Not all mets are created equal. It doesn't mean that you don't show all of them them respect. They earned their degree the hard way and we should show them the respect they deserve, whether you THINK they are right or not.

4. It's OK to disagree, just don't come across like you have the answer from God. The tone of the reply sets the stage for what comes next.

5. Re-read your post before clicking "Post". Read it out loud. If it doesn't come across as polite or respectful, re-write it.

6. Use facts whenever possible, not "I think" or "I" anything.

7. Be nice, we're all up here because we love the weather. Do you realize how stupid it sounds when you FIGHT over the weather???

8. Read more, post less, it's always a good policy

9. Google is your friend. Use it to look up information and to do your research BEFORE posting.

10. Quit being pissy. You sound like little girls.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then prepare to have a 5 limit post per day like I have. :lol:

Oh it won't get that far. You guys can just read my thoughts in the AFDs from now on. Wow, what a forum - the word on the street about this board in general was correct.

Wow, I honestly am in shock. This is how we greet a new met into the southeast forum with anger and nastiness? I'm just not sure what exaclty trigered this other than he/she is a new poster. Anyone of us saying the same things Snow86 is we would have no trouble but he is not afford the same decency. What has he/she said to offend so many?

Wow, I honestly am in shock. This is how we greet a new met into the southeast forum with anger and nastiness? I'm just not sure what exaclty trigered this other than he/she is a new poster. Anyone of us saying the same things Snow86 is we would have no trouble but he is not afford the same decency. What has he/she said to offend so many?

I think it was his tone. He sounded all sassy.

Dude, it's your attitude, why can't you see that? You attack people... you come across as the only answer, you're the first to jump on someone for not agreeing...

I read the AFD's... wonderful job. Wait, where are you again? Some of them aren't so wonderful.

How old are you?

"86" in his username would imply 25 or 26 most likely.

Nothing I read validates this character as a degreed Met and quite honestly, even if he/she is, how about "wiping your feet off before entering a new house"?

Agree.

Cool, you will have to catch him in 48 hrs when the TO is over... :pimp:

I don't know whether he is trolling, or just trigger happy with the reply button today. When I start getting pm's and see multiple reports about it, there is an issue. For the sake of peace in the short term, he can read more/post less for the next couple days. Hopefully he comes back a little more subdued/guided in the disco threads.

The internet is far from a friendly place. It seems like everyone tend to walk on eggshells around each other. I still have a warning from December 2010 (yes, im bringing it up again..) that still hasn't been removed to this day for "banter" in a discussion thread. Sometimes I'll have a post written out.. re-read over it and decide against posting it so I don't "rub someone the wrong way". Regardless, it's the internet. Who cares.. There's quite a few on this board that do much worse but they're "seasoned veterans" or whatever you want to call them from the "way back in the old forum days". It's one thing to keep a place clean/moderated (and this is not against any mod specifically especailly when it gets hecktic) but treating everyone equal would be a wonderful idea at times.

I disagree about the whole Snow86 subject, he has opinions like anyone else here and I think the treatment he received was not right. It all got escalated very quickly and I think some of you should give him/her another chance and see how it goes. I think Snow86 is suffering from too much exposure at the moment.

I disagree about the whole Snow86 subject, he has opinions like anyone else here and I think the treatment he received was not right. It all got escalated very quickly and I think some of you should give him/her another chance and see how it goes. I think Snow86 is suffering from too much exposure at the moment.

Its impossible to know the tone in which someone is using while on the internet. You probably read his tone to be different than the people that took offense. If you read carefully it's easy to see how one could interpret his tone to be one of a know-it-all a-hole, but its impossible to know if that was his intent, it probably wasnt. As for another Met on here, i welcome the disco he/she could bring to the table.

As for January, Whens the snow coming guys?????

I started following these boards a long time ago and from what I've seen it's always best to ease in. It seems that posters that start out like this never last very long.

I hope he proves he's a degreed met?? I seen folks get banned quick for talking trash about being a met and having no proof

I doubt he'll post here after getting temp-banned. I sure wouldn't even if I was mother nature herself. There's 100+ weather boards out there. Some are just more "underground" and tight-knit.

Archived