• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
BUFKIT Issue Driving Me Insane

I have no problems using BUFKIT on any computer other than this one.. my home PC.

Here's the problem:

I open BUFKIT and it's not maximized... I can't see the bottom part of the display which is problematic for reasons you might imagine:

post-5870-0-69152300-1325358704.jpg

So the reasonable thing to do is click "Maximize" or try to move the window.. when I do either of those things, this is what pops up:

post-5870-0-05286900-1325358712.jpg

As soon as I click "OK," the program closes:

post-5870-0-13239900-1325358713.jpg

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times and this same problem keeps occurring. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. For what it's worth, I've used this same version of BUFKIT on this computer with no problems for a while, then all of the sudden at the end of last winter, this problem started happening.

Any clue what might be causing this/what I could do to fix it?

If this isn't the right forum feel free to move... thanks in advance for any advice.

I have an issue with SREF data. When i click on it, its says runtime error 13 or something, and then closes. Dont have the maximize issue, but then again, im running XP.

Have you verified the sref file is in the right directory? By default, Bufkit looks in /data for the model files. If it's not there...it will crash. I thought they fixed this annoying 'feature' with the latest build, maybe not. Also, make sure there are no default sites listed for sref that you don't have data for in the congif file.

Have you verified the sref file is in the right directory? By default, Bufkit looks in /data for the model files. If it's not there...it will crash. I thought they fixed this annoying 'feature' with the latest build, maybe not. Also, make sure there are no default sites listed for sref that you don't have data for in the congif file.

I ran into this a while back as well. I just gave up on the SREF data. Does changing the default location for the file make any difference?

Archived