Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
1/1-1/4 Lake Effect Snow Outbreak

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought that I needed to do something special to get on this site but I recently found out I got a bad ip And it had to be removed front he spammer list lol! And I'm happy that happened because I feel like I made a couple of new friends tonight on this great weather site. I had to move from wundergound because of trolls and I feel at home here. Thank you guys for the welcoming feeling and I have one question what are the chances I a snowshower or two making it to the coast once the wind shifts to the NW I've sen it happen before is it going to happen his time?

EDIT:I hate the iPhones auto correct feature

was hoping at least an inch out of this one,looks like will have to wait till Monday night. :)

NYZ006>008-021145-

/O.CON.KBUF.LE.W.0001.000000T0000Z-120103T1500Z/

OSWEGO-JEFFERSON-LEWIS-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...OSWEGO...WATERTOWN...LOWVILLE

1034 PM EST SUN JAN 1 2012

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST

TUESDAY...

* LOCATIONS...THE EASTERN LAKE ONTARIO REGION AND TUG HILL

PLATEAU.

* TIMING...THROUGH LATE TUESDAY MORNING.

* ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 3 INCHES OVERNIGHT...10 TO 20 INCHES

MONDAY...5 TO 10 INCHES MONDAY NIGHT...AND 1 TO 3 INCHES

TUESDAY...LEADING TO STORM TOTALS OF 1 TO 2 FEET IN PERSISTENT

BANDS WITH AROUND 3 FEET ON THE TUG HILL PLATEAU.

:wub:

was hoping at least an inch out of this one,looks like will have to wait till Monday night. :)

:wub:

Go Tug Hill! Barnes corners to Redfield looks to get destroyed from this. Would not be surprised to here someone up there get 4 feet. The C ridge here looks to get nailed pretty good too according to the wrf models. Someone will likley land up with 30 inches there as well, probably sherman, mayville, or perrysburg. I'm gonna make a new snowfall map soon :)

I always thought that I needed to do something special to get on this site but I recently found out I got a bad ip And it had to be removed front he spammer list lol! And I'm happy that happened because I feel like I made a couple of new friends tonight on this great weather site. I had to move from wundergound because of trolls and I feel at home here. Thank you guys for the welcoming feeling and I have one question what are the chances I a snowshower or two making it to the coast once the wind shifts to the NW I've sen it happen before is it going to happen his time?

ANOTHER COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE REGION LATE MONDAY NIGHT.

SOME LAKE EFFECT SNOW BANDS MAY MAKE IT INTO AREAS WELL

NORTH/WEST OF NYC WHERE SLIGHT TO LOW CHANCE POP HAS BEEN FCST.

STEEP LOW LEVEL LAPSE RATES AS THE FRONT AND ITS ACCOMPANYING

UPPER TROUGH MOVE ACROSS MAY HELP MAKE UP FOR DOWN SLOPE FLOW AND

LACK OF MOISTURE FARTHER DOWNSTREAM AND HELP MAINTAIN ANY OF

THESE BANDS FARTHER SE TOWARD NYC AND THE COAST...BUT STILL

REMAINS UNCERTAIN.

Looks like the northern band is dissipating and the southern one is becoming stronger. I can see the Wind shift out west as well. Looks like your right OSU! :cry:

I see the same thing. Sorry your gonna miss out bro. At least this means the band may finally consolidate into a nice healthy single band and from Ripley to Dunkirk to Perrysburg to Collins to Holland is prob gonna get crushed tonight with 6-12"

I see the same thing. Sorry your gonna miss out bro. At least this means the band may finally consolidate into a nice healthy single band and from Ripley to Dunkirk to Perrysburg to Collins to Holland is prob gonna get crushed tonight with 6-12"

I'm going storm chasing tomorrow either way. I will be in the thick of it! Will post pictures tomorrow.

NP welcome to the board friend. Hope to see you post more in the upstate thread even though your downstate!

what's the average snowfall for Dunkirk?

If you pick me up I'll buy you lunch and gas money

Gas is about 3.50 a gallon and the average car gets 25mpg and staten island is about a 450 mile drive so your looking at about 18 gallons of gas each way which is like 65 bucks about so total just for gas your looking at about 130 plus lunch. Haha good lucky buddy!!

Looks like the northern band is dissipating and the southern one is becoming stronger. I can see the Wind shift out west as well. Looks like your right OSU! :cry:

when in doubt in 2011-2012...forecast snow fail. There was a few decent runs of the NAM for the metro area a few days ago...but it quickly yielded the superior Euro which never forecasted favorable winds for the metro area when the airmass was sufficiently cold.

OT: i think the bills should get rid of Stevie johnson@

No way! Maybe we should bench Chan for his continous abandonment in the running game. He must hate spiller. If OBD allows Stevie to walk, say hello to black out city next year. After 12 years of inept manangement, Ralphie would have to be insane, or maybe just plain cheap!

Back on topic, I'v been seeing some snow showers from time to time. Hopefully I can pick up 4-6"

Gas is about 3.50 a gallon and the average car gets 25mpg and staten island is about a 450 mile drive so your looking at about 18 gallons of gas each way which is like 65 bucks about so total just for gas your looking at about 130 plus lunch. Haha good lucky buddy!!

I have 3,937.63$ in my bank account I can have it all with drawn even though it is for a car. It is sad that I'm so snow deprived that I will use my savings to we snow. And the flurries in PA over last week weren't enough

my truck gets 15mpg,what are you talking bout lol

No way! Maybe we should bench Chan for his continous abandoment in the running game. He must hate spiller. If OBD allows Stevie to walk, say hello to black out city next year. After 12 years of inept manangement, Ralphie would have to be insane, or maybe just plain cheap!

Back on topic, I'v been seeing some snow showers from time to time. Hopefully I can pick up 4-6

Stevie needs to stay in Buffalo I agree, but he needs some serious dicipline. As for CJ, hes really stepped his game up. Next year with him and freddy I think were gonna have an amazing run offense. Fitz looked insane in the 1st quarter. Then insanely bad the last half. Chan is a mastermind if you ask me. Best and most diciplined coach we have had since Marv.

I have 3,937.63$ in my bank account I can have it all with drawn even though it is for a car. It is sad that I'm so snow deprived that I will use my savings to we snow. And the flurries in PA over last week weren't enough

Ha thats a bit personal man. Don't go blowing your savings on a trip here. Buy a car down the road and then drive up here yourself. Don't take the 90 though. Take 86 through the southerntier. Much more senic.

Archived