Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was one of if not the worst Euro run I have ever seen. Soaking rainstorm mid week, failed clipper, nye torchathon weekend and we open Jan with mega positve departures.

WOW, plenty oh hurty hurtz........saw graupel about an hour ago in Wilton Ct.........yay :axe:

congrats on your nomination.

Yeah, except it's not 70's and sunny...it's 45-50 and sunny..and nobody in their right mind is wearing a tank top, skirt, or shorts in that weather.

I'm wearing shorts...

Yeah, except it's not 70's and sunny...it's 45-50 and sunny..and nobody in their right mind is wearing a tank top, skirt, or shorts in that weather.

Oh, never mind ...

I actually really think we're going to see a big storm late in the winter, almost as a pattern changer of sorts in either mid to late February or early March. I'm going with the idea that since this and last winter are total opposites but both still la ninas, that last winter the pattern changed just as February hit and this year will be the same scenario.

this winter is starting to resemble some of the horror shows from dec 96 thru march of 2000...needless to say after the last 2 winters with 6-7 KU's, depending where you live, it was fair to assume we werent going to have a blowout 2011-2012...if not for the oct snow event i have a feeling this winter will challenge for a spot in the top 5 of least snowy....but if that is the case...PLEASE let it be warm.

also, the pattern will flip just in time to screw Spring up...

this winter is starting to resemble some of the horror shows from dec 96 thru march of 2000...needless to say after the last 2 winters with 6-7 KU's, depending where you live, it was fair to assume we werent going to have a blowout 2011-2012...if not for the oct snow event i have a feeling this winter will challenge for a spot in the top 5 of least snowy....but if that is the case...PLEASE let it be warm.

also, the pattern will flip just in time to screw Spring up...

Most likely it will. Nothing like a cool and wet spring .

Lee Goldberg said in the next two to four weeks: 'Shots of cold... but no sustained cold'.

Quite frankly, I don't see any justification for even 'shots of cold'.

Severely agree. We had one cold day last weekend and that was a bust the other way...I dont even see a one day cold shot unless you include tomorrow's seasonable cold

Archived