• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

Basically what he's trying to say is that although those three maps show a ridge near Greenland at different times, it doesn't have an effect on us because it's moving too fast. So while it will technically register as a neutral or maybe negative NAO on the data, it does nothing for us synoptically.

Thanks for the information. Now I know not to post the stupid maps anymore.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically what he's trying to say is that although those three maps show a ridge near Greenland at different times, it doesn't have an effect on us because it's moving too fast. So while it will technically register as a neutral or maybe negative NAO on the data, it does nothing for us synoptically.

Exactly. Its a transient -nao (mathematically). The hour 192 map shows how quickly it gets kicked out and a strong +nao starting to develop again.

Thanks for the information. Now I know not to post the stupid maps anymore.

They're not stupid. But before you post the graphs, take a look at the euro ensemble for that period and see if there really is a real -nao, or is it just a result of a temporary and transient block.

those ridges alex puts up still suck for us, even if they never moved. They are east based and more of an extension on the atlantic ridge.

That also. But I was just putting it up visually to show Anthony and for him to learn why those charts show a temporary negative value and why that doesnt help us.

I think he got it now.

I'm going to embark on a voyage to the arctic, and shoot missiles of molten hot magma laced with dynamite high into the stratosphere, which will cause such massive explosions that the vortex of doom will have no choice but to self-destruct. The only problem is I may not make it back alive.

Sign here if you'd like to join me:

Signature of Consent: _________________

DISCLAIMER: I recognize that the risks of this endeavor far outweigh the benefits. I'm willing to trek into the arctic in the heart of winter, which that in and of itself carries numerous risks, such as frostbite, hypothermia, sudden heart attack and/or stroke. Upon arrival to the arctic, I will not give any lip to the head honcho Isotherm, who expects me to fulfill my duties of firing potentially lethal explosives into the stratosphere. I realize that I will essentially be enslaved upon signing this waver, and the chances of making it back alive are slim to none.

If I stop posting in a week you'll know why. Just cancel my account and try not to make too big of a scene about it.

PS - yes, I'm losing it.

I'm going to embark on a voyage to the arctic, and shoot missiles of molten hot magma laced with dynamite high into the stratosphere, which will cause such massive explosions that the vortex of doom will have no choice but to self-destruct. The only problem is I may not make it back alive.

___Snow88____________________

DISCLAIMER: I recognize that the risks of this endeavor far outweigh the benefits. I'm willing to trek into the arctic in the heart of winter, which that in and of itself carries numerous risks, such as frostbite, hypothermia, sudden heart attack and/or stroke. Upon arrival to the arctic, I will not give any lip to the head honcho Isotherm, who expects me to fulfill my duties of firing potentially lethal explosives into the stratosphere. I realize that I will essentially be enslaved upon signing this waver, and the chances of making it back alive are slim to none.

If I stop posting in a week you'll know why. Just cancel my account and try not to make too big of a scene about it.

PS - yes, I'm losing it.

PS - yes, I'm losing it.

Hahaha. LOL.

I was texting Trials and earthlight this morning that maybe a small asteroid can hit that area and save us from this miserable winter.

Lets be honest.

You can blame the PV and AO all you want, but the real reason there are bugs flying around and its hasnt been below freezing in forever is because of the dead bird in Sundog's sig.

I'm starting a petition. Remove the bird...or else

THIS. We started to make progress till he put that thing up. Total HEX.

Make me.

GFS continues to suggest for multiple runs that now we seeing ridging over western canada extens towards the pole and snap the rubber band. We won't get a -nao but it will put us in a more 93-94 type pattern with active northern stream and multiple frozen precip events.

GFS continues to suggest for multiple runs that now we seeing ridging over western canada extens towards the pole and snap the rubber band. We won't get a -nao but it will put us in a more 93-94 type pattern with active northern stream and multiple frozen precip events.

The pattern really didn't change in 1993 until Christmas time.

I want a clipper that bombs near Ocean City.

Greatest "losing it" texts ever. The text after the Euro lost the Christmas storm was the best one. But if I post what you wrote in those texts, I think we will both be banned. :P

LOL.

Keep your sexting to yourselves we don't want to know about it.

PS - yes, I'm losing it.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This year reminds me so much of all the horrendous winters I endured in State College.

Archived