Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt get too excited about the Xmas storm. never like seeing a parent low over the Lakes come in like this, and with an unfavorable pattern even if it transfers to the coast and develops there will be alot of rain on peoples snow fantasies and by the time cold air gets in, its too late.

I wouldnt get too excited about the Xmas storm. never like seeing a parent low over the Lakes come in like this, and with an unfavorable pattern even if it transfers to the coast and develops there will be alot of rain on peoples snow fantasies and by the time cold air gets in, its too late.

GGEM and GFS are cold for Christmas and boxing day with a little snow from the northern stream. No one is having snow fantasies.

JB still doesn't want to give up on the Christmas snow. He will be on fox news to discuss the snow possibility lol.

There was a similar pattern and resultant developing system to this in January of 1992 I believe, the models back then went nuts with it forecasting about a foot of snow area wide, as it turned out we saw zip, but eastern LI and SNE did quite well, given what occurred in that setup and the models hinting at that area in some cases I'd say you'll have to be way east for this one.

There was a similar pattern and resultant developing system to this in January of 1992 I believe, the models back then went nuts with it forecasting about a foot of snow area wide, as it turned out we saw zip, but eastern LI and SNE did quite well, given what occurred in that setup and the models hinting at that area in some cases I'd say you'll have to be way east for this one.

and if you read b/w the lines of JB's post, he's hinting that if it happens it's a Boston and SE NE deal.

The Euro weeklies have been doing good in this pattern.

yea i know that but what i was trying to say is some wholesale changes to get some more favorable conditions condustive to getting east coast cyclogenesis with some cold air all the way to the coast for once. i heard that news years or there after we may have a chance at that but we'll see because we are off to a lousy start to this winter lol

Archived