Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL @ the 06Z GFS at 360 hours, a 1061mb high in NW Territories and BC. Interesting nonetheless, 3 of the last 4 runs now have shown some sort of pattern resembling this beyond day 12 and many of the ensemblemembers have had it too.

That's great, lets keep them showing it and we just MIGHT get the pattern to change in the next 2 weeks...

LOL @ the 06Z GFS at 360 hours, a 1061mb high in NW Territories and BC. Interesting nonetheless, 3 of the last 4 runs now have shown some sort of pattern resembling this beyond day 12 and many of the ensemble members have had it too.

yeah and that could expand over the pole and and really help us out.

Actually managed to get down to 39.8 at my home this morning, much more like the GFS depicted. The NAM was definitely too warm in my location with the surface temps this morning. I can only assume this will translate forward tonight and the GFS surface temps will work out better than the NAM. Will need a combo of the GFS surface temps with the NAM 850 temps to get a little wet snow in the higher elevations tonight.

I think I might fall off my seat. Is this the end of your anti-snow campaign?

I was saying about three weeks ago, little less that we needed to be patient for three weeks. I like what I am seeing starting in January.

We almost pulled something off before that for xmas, but alas, this last wave doesnt have enough to bite.

I remember for years and years that we did not get much in the way of snow here until after New Year's. I remember our first flurries being on Christmas Day and the first real snow being after New Year's almost every year when I was growing up. This fits that pattern.

I was saying about three weeks ago, little less that we needed to be patient for three weeks. I like what I am seeing starting in January.

We almost pulled something off before that for xmas, but alas, this last wave doesnt have enough to bite.

I remember for years and years that we did not get much in the way of snow here until after New Year's. I remember our first flurries being on Christmas Day and the first real snow being after New Year's almost every year when I was growing up. This fits that pattern.

First flurries during the crappy 90's winters almost always came around Thanksgiving from squalls coming in from the northwest. It was almost like clockwork. Actual snow is a different story.

When was the last time we got instability snow showers pop up in the late fall after a strong cold frontal passage?

Yeah we don't get those much anymore. But also there hasn't been much lake effect in general. In the past some of those snow squalls would survive and make it all the way to the coast. If I recall we had those on the day the US air plane landed in the hudson. It snowed in the morning and then we had some intense snow showers that afternoon. But that of course was January not November.

First flurries during the crappy 90's winters almost always came around Thanksgiving from squalls coming in from the northwest. It was almost like clockwork. Actual snow is a different story.

When was the last time we got instability snow showers pop up in the late fall after a strong cold frontal passage?

Nam has ALWAYS been poor in SWFE, but its fun watching the nam and euro get owned by the gfs of course the solution is 50 degree rain but who cares. THe NAM is a god awful model, and fooked up when its supposed to be at its best LOL

GFS definetely owned every model. Never had the euro fantasy Christmas storm and was always on the warm and north train for tomorrow's "snow" event.

When was the last time we got instability snow showers pop up in the late

fall after a strong cold frontal passage?

The hardest snowfall ive seen besides 12/25/02 was a snow squall passage around that year as well it was quick but it came down hard and furious with the winds as well

Archived