Newest Member
    Monty
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's beautiful outside.

I'm all the way in Suffolk County so I hope the storms don't die out or miss us (which is usually the case).

You can like mild weather but there is no way you consider this humid windy and wet crap is "beautiful."

Remember boys.. It's was 6 degrees Sunday Morning at KFOK...

Weirdest weather ever..

Not really...because the 6 F @ FOK was in a weird little micro climate. Had it been 6 F at LaGuarda or Central Park (two locations where diurnal variation is as close to non existent as it gets, i.e. the temperature seldom goes up or down much there), then it would be far more impressive...because a 6 F @ LGA would indicate a truly severe arctic air mass...not the crappy sub-polar one that produced the single digit reading @ FOK.

Not really...because the 6 F @ FOK was in a weird little micro climate. Had it been 6 F at LaGuarda or Central Park (two locations where diurnal variation is as close to non existent as it gets, i.e. the temperature seldom goes up or down much there), then it would be far more impressive...because a 6 F @ LGA would indicate a truly severe arctic air mass...not the crappy sub-polar one that produced the single digit reading @ FOK.

Fair analysis..

I may be trying too hard, but there was a bright side in that last weekends cold snap was the first to overperform, vs the trend of everything winding up a few degrees warmer than forecasted. I don't think anyone called for subfreezing highs area wide on Sunday, even as late as early Sunday morning.

Prior to that, every little cool-down falling short of expectations (and not particulary cool) was giving me uncomfortable flashbacks of 97-98 and 01-02.

So, enjoy the torch because its the only torch you've got...or something like that ;)

Archived