Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was the reason that I went mild and snowless in my winter forecast. That lag effect is often severely underestimated, it sure was last winter which I believe is why the AO was so negative. The SSTs near Greenland were not great in September, alot of people felt though they were still good enough for a -NAO but I was highly skeptical of that idea and now they've turned downright putrid due to the never ending train of lows going across the N ATL. I think as someone in the other thread said we've got til about 1/15, if we don't get or clearly see a sign of a turnaround by then I don't think its happening this year, not even for a 2-3 week stretch at that.

i was gonna say middle of january like you for any clear and concise indication that we may or may not see a more favorable pattern develop condusive for increased snowstorm threats. if not im saying that winter would almost certainly be over for alot of the midatlantic/northeast, save for maybe a few minor events

Snowfall vs. average year to date snowfall mercifully (and finally) went below normal today @ KNYC....2.9" received to 3.0" normal year to date...

Port Jefferson bringing up the rear so far...just a trace recorded this winter...

Newark at 61 degrees. And all surrounding areas are all 56-60.

Ridiculous.

amazing stuff..a warm winter indeed..I have been thru many of them..as you get older you are able handle them much better..To think we we werent gonna get one of these after all the great winters we have had is not facing reality..everything even's out in weather and life

amazing stuff..a warm winter indeed..I have been thru many of them..as you get older you are able handle them much better..To think we we werent gonna get one of these after all the great winters we have had is not facing reality..everything even's out in weather and life

Lets just hope February and March are cold and snowy

I propose a new right: The right to have temperatures reach at least 55 degrees at least once a week throughout the year, so New York area residents can go coatless at least once a week.

I am easily spoiled and this September-in-October, October-in-November and October-in-December weather has me hooked. I am still hooked on last winter's snow, so there is a bit of a conflict but I don't care. Give me snow and give me 55+!

Merry Christmas to all

from

Coral Red :santa:

People now understand how important the AO/NAO are.

Put a vortex over Greenland and watch the torch take over

You need a mechanism to deliver the cold air to the mid-latitudes or it will just sit at the Arctic latitudes. Same with heat waves here, if you don't have a mechanism to bring it north, the heat dome will sit over the desert southwest/Sonoran desert.

Archived