Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

Hope for the winter?

HM

The ECMWF is just beginning to show a more poleward EP vector solution at the end of the run. I think once the wave crests and then another becomes modeled, the models will begin to show more interference.

I am starting to like the idea of full blown MMW this January.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2000-01, 2001-02, 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09 were all clunker years....so it only boils down to 5 epic years.

Upton measured 51.2" of snow in 2000-01 and 43.0" in 2008-09...pretty decent winters, all things considered. Both winters produced 14"+ March snowstorms out there.

The other three winters you cite were exceptionally bad, no doubt.

http://www.bnl.gov/weather/4cast/MonthlySnowfall.htm

Upton measured 51.2" of snow in 2000-01 and 43.0" in 2008-09...pretty decent winters, all things considered. Both winters produced 14"+ March snowstorms out there.

The other three winters you cite were exceptionally bad, no doubt.

http://www.bnl.gov/w...hlySnowfall.htm

2008-09 snow map prepared by board member NorthShoreWx:

post-747-0-05302800-1324464652.gif

At the end of the article they had this disclaimer:

"My feeling on this storm it will be mostly rain for major cities along the coast with snow further inland," ABC News meteorologist Max Golembo said. "But we know how unpredictable storms could be this time of the year, so I would check in tomorrow and every day until Saturday for updated information."

Also Read

Yeah I read the article but you lead with a misleading headline like that just to grab people's attention and you're asking for trouble. One of my biggest pet peeves is the way the media distorts what forecasters actually say (unfortunately some forecasters are also guilty of this)

At the end of the article they had this disclaimer:

"My feeling on this storm it will be mostly rain for major cities along the coast with snow further inland," ABC News meteorologist Max Golembo said. "But we know how unpredictable storms could be this time of the year, so I would check in tomorrow and every day until Saturday for updated information."

Also Read

Going to the Pinstripe Bowl on Dec 30 at Yankee Stadium to see Rutgers take on Iowa State. I already had to miss RU play WVU because of the Oct 31 snowstorm. I see that some modelling has trended to a milder pattern for next week. Is this correct? I will take upper 40s over sitting at a game in the low 30s. Hopefully the rain can stay away too. Bowl games are not made to be played in the northeast

Archived