Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my crystal shows Late Feb to Early Mar as the best time frame for winter weather.....its the same ball that predicted this years Heisman winner and the first black president in American history. Although its also the same ball that predicted the end of SteveD weather predictions, which obv hasnt worked out YET.

36F in Danbury with no wind. Anticipating a few sprinkles overnight. Ah yes, winter coming in with a vengeance this year *puke*.

Maybe this year we will have a great February and March. Last year, we had a great end of December through January.

Betting for a good late winter is like expecting a 3 legged horse to win the Kentucky Derby, odds are you will be completely screwed but that's I'll keep my hopes up. I shouldn't complain too much if this winter sucks which it probably will, the last two seasons have been amazing and historical.

<Laughs at all the depressing posts based on a few bad weeks>

I don't think you can call yourself a hardcore NYC winter weather fan unless you lived through the 1970's and 1980's in the area....

Upton had measured just 10.9" of snow for the 1966-67 winter as of February 1, 1967...but by April 1, 1967...they had measured 74.9".

http://www.bnl.gov/w...hlySnowfall.htm

before the Christmas 1966 storm there was a storm that busted a few days before...The forecast was for snow but it changed to rain quickly...When I thought all was lost we got an inch over night as the rain changed back to snow...If it wasn't for a change to sleet in the afternoon during the Christmas storm we would have seen a few more inches...

before the Christmas 1966 storm there was a storm that busted a few days before...The forecast was for snow but it changed to rain quickly...When I thought all was lost we got an inch over night as the rain changed back to snow...If it wasn't for a change to sleet in the afternoon during the Christmas storm we would have seen a few more inches...

Yeah...can't say I remember it Unc as I did not move to the Island until October, 1971...

the 2001-02 winter was a warm dry one...So far this year is a warm wet one... As long as it stays wet or average precipitation we have a chance for a big snow...This year might turn out to be a one week winter similar to 2007-08 or 1974-75...

This is true. It could always pull an '83 if there are storms around.

1983 was a raging Niño, this year we have la Nada with a raging + AO that doesn't seem to want to budge. Until that happens, I fear Don S. will be correct in his ~ 10" forecast. Can't complain thought, from March 2009 to Oct 2011 was truely epic and has spoiled a lot of folks east of I95.

1983 was a raging Niño, this year we have la Nada with a raging + AO that doesn't seem to want to budge. Until that happens, I fear Don S. will be correct in his ~ 10" forecast. Can't complain thought, from March 2009 to Oct 2011 was truely epic and has spoiled a lot of folks east of I95.

I only used 1983 as an example as a one-trick pony winter, because most people here can remember that.

I only used 1983 as an example as a one-trick pony winter, because most people here can remember that.

most people here weren't born my friend, so not sure it helps.

Anyway, even if we get no more snow this winter, nothing to complain about given what we have experienced from December 2009 through October 31 2011

Archived