Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total electric bath on the GEFS height anomalies. Huge vortex builds over Alaska around Days 5-7. Then it finally breaks up, and it's only hours before the PV re-establishes itself over Greenland and the Davis Straight.

http://www.meteo.psu...nsloopmref.html

Pretty soon all we will have left is remember when threads

but look at it this way, only three months till severe season starts

Total electric bath on the GEFS height anomalies. Huge vortex builds over Alaska around Days 5-7. Then it finally breaks up, and it's only hours before the PV re-establishes itself over Greenland and the Davis Straight.

http://www.meteo.psu...nsloopmref.html

I'm telling you man, I don't like that modelling is beginning to get more consistent with this vortex signature over Alaska. If this comes to frution, I may pull the plug. And by pull the plug, I mean abandon a winter with near-above normal snowfall. A feature like this developing once again could potentially smash January over the head with a 2 by 4 rendering us miserable. Compared to last winter it's been so damn depressing reading these threads and looking at modelling lately. Do I believe it? Not yet, the signal's too far away. But I'd rather not seeit at all ,that's for sure.

I'm telling you man, I don't like that modelling is beginning to get more consistent with this vortex signature over Alaska. If this comes to frution, I may pull the plug. And by pull the plug, I mean abandon a winter with near-above normal snowfall. A feature like this developing once again could potentially smash January over the head with a 2 by 4 rendering us miserable. Compared to last winter it's been so damn depressing reading these threads and looking at modelling lately. Do I believe it? Not yet, the signal's too far away. But I'd rather not seeit at all ,that's for sure.

Look on the bright side. At least we won't have to deal with bitterly cold and dry air behind rainstorms like we did back in 2007-08. This pattern would engulf the whole US with so much Pacific air that there would be barely any cold air below Hudson Bay, unless people actually like frigid dry air w/no snowcover. In my opinion, if there's no threat of any snow, let it at least be mild so I can walk outside.

Look on the bright side. At least we won't have to deal with bitterly cold and dry air behind rainstorms like we did back in 2007-08. This pattern would engulf the whole US with so much Pacific air that there would be barely any cold air below Hudson Bay, unless people actually like frigid dry air w/no snowcover. In my opinion, if there's no threat of any snow, let it at least be mild so I can walk outside.

yea..why freeze your ass off for no reason

Turns out I was really lucky to have posted some images from my model archive from last December in the thread... my computer suddenly crashed this afternoon and died with my backup mysteriously lost - I lost all of my weather files, including my model archieves, my experiments on the pattern this fall, daily weather records since 2006... I have a few basic weather links memorized such as Raleighwx, obviously the NWS, and wunderground, but I lost pretty much everything else. I'm trying to rebuild my weather files, while I have a few of them I would really appreciate it if I could have some of the other weather links so at least I can have somewhere to start from...

Archived