Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that can easily change on the next run for better or worse, but like Tom said, at least the signal is still there. We are in this time frame now where I have seen the Euro often lose the storm for a couple of runs and then bring it back. I am not going to say what I am thinking next, but I can't wait to see the C...... run, lol.

Its H5 was much cleaner last night, it is far more disorganized today which is why the system is weaker, it comes together much later

since it comes together later, its in its formation at our latitude and thus we have immature h7 anf h85 lows and that's a problem with the marginal cold.

If I remember correctly, doesn't the Euro handle the SE ridge better? if I remember correctly from 2009's almost nina and previous years. Didn't it get the name Dr. No from correctly calling SWFE as rain in NYC/Phil when the American models were calling for snow?

I haven't seen the Euro's stats, but back on the 8th it was too weak with the SE Ridge and the low tracked closer to us.

nope-he says big SE ridge and arctic air into the west....says that the stratospheric warming needs to move over to Greenland before we see any cold....says Jan 1950 is the analog (Blowtorch city)

what happened to the vodka cold for this week he promised? how much extra did he charge for that forecast?

soon, I will start rooting for no snow-might as well see if we can go Dec, Jan, Feb and march snowless....we almost did it 97-98 and then got some late march slopstorm that ruined it.

i have a tee time on Thursday when it will be 55 under full sun. Will need sun block.

Archived