Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM still seems a bit too cold for today... it had highs in the upper 20s, yet temperatures are already in the mid-upper 20s and slowly rising. Temperatures will struggle to reach 32 degrees today, if they even get there, but I'm still not so sure highs in NYC today end up below 30 degrees.

I'm still waiting for the 3 pattern changes he has called for this winter. At least the people on this forum who called for one in mid Dec knew when to throw in the towel.

Keep in mind that predicting for one specific storm is completely different than predicting a Global pattern change to occur. I think a pattern change will eventually come during this winter, perhaps in January, but when I am not sure. The QBO is continuing to tank which leads me to believe that a pattern change will probably occur in January.

Down to 14* this morning.. Ties for the coldest low of the season up IMBY..

I got down to 22 Degrees this morning in Somerset County, which was not the coldest air of the season IMBY, as in early December I reached a minimum of 18 Degrees, but I think today will probably be the coldest day of December thus far probably for the entire region, as temperatures are struggling to get out of the 20s in NYC, and IMBY it is currently 28 Degrees with a slight NW wind.

Archived