pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of juice in the waters south of SNE and a potent shortwave, so I think VVs will be strong imo. The track and ptype will be what needs to be resolved. I feel pretty good that it will have plenty of moisture with it.

Yeah agreed. Nice track for a moist conveyorbelt, fairly powerful s/w and nice (not amazing) baroclinic zone. Should be enough for a solid swath somewhere.

With the trajectory of the low, We would probably need an inside the benchmark track up here, I would rather see it take a track into the tip of Nova Scotia rather then 50-60 miles east of it..

Speak for yourself :P. It can stay right where it is.

On a side note perhaps this will be the winter with the sh##y pattern that could vs the winter of 09-10 with the great pattern that couldn't. hmm. Might also be a case where you get snow but its gone in three or four days. Just sayin'

Like I said...we'll need to see if more runs oscillate because the NAM loves to ramp things up a bit much. Could be right though.

I actually don't hate this solution. Wet front end, yeah, but it ends as some snow.

And that's fun.

You know.

For the holidays.

Yep could be the curse of this winter....

Warm on this run.

could be...who knows. i wouldn't make that leap but it is what it is.

if this thing were running into even a semi-seasonal dry december airmass it'd be game on for us, imo. some of the strongest low and mid-level frontogenesis moves over S areas...it would be a good set-up for this area mid-winter.

but the low levels are just ravaged...especially down here...on this run, it's bad even further NW (wouldn't necessarily put much stock in that part).

the 12z nam and ec were more optimistic / cooler

lol...10" for MRG?

Damn. I'd take this run even though it gives me rain at the start...it probably still gives me 5-7" after the flip. Verbatim 4am to 10am Thursday would be fun.

Just put me under the Oct 27 band again, please.

Nothing like an 18z NAM at 66hrs to end the day on a good note. Just to lead to nightmares after the 00z. :)

could be...who knows. i wouldn't make that leap but it is what it is.

if this thing were running into even a semi-seasonal dry december airmass it'd be game on for us, imo. some of the strongest low and mid-level frontogenesis moves over S areas...it would be a good set-up for this area mid-winter.

but the low levels are just ravaged...especially down here...on this run, it's bad even further NW (wouldn't necessarily put much stock in that part).

the 12z nam and ec were more optimistic / cooler

May be the normal over correction of an off hour run...but either way still a few days away.

Well there is a chance for some more northward shifts I think. This shortwave is initially positively tilted.

And then goes negatively tilted, but dampens out a bit.

On the above image, notice we have a s/w northeast of Maine. Although it is progressive...it does give some confluence to the north which helps to not send this into Long Island. I feel like any time you have a ridge to the southeast and a big PV to the northwest over Hudson and Bay and points north...the risk is a more northerly track which is why I was saying I wasn't completely sold on a whiff last night. Now the north trend is limited. The S/W could get sent through the shredder and end up weaker, but my guess is we probably will not see an offshore solution.

Good explanation, And the 18z Nam kind of follows what you mentined as well as where i said we would like it to see track here, Just inside the BM brings some of the better precip here even though it ends up east of Nova Scotia..

Looks a little Ukieish. I've been poopooing this event for a few days, but that was while the models were all significantly deamplifying that s/w in rapid fashion. Now it holds together strong enough as it passes our region. It almost drops 1" QPF up here with 2m temps of 32F...probably a pipedream, but lol anyways.

Looks a little Ukieish. I've been poopooing this event for a few days, but that was while the models were all significantly deamplifying that s/w in rapid fashion. Now it holds together strong enough as it passes our region. It almost drops 1" QPF up here with 2m temps of 32F...probably a pipedream, but lol anyways.

Yeah it reminded me of the Ukie too. Def worth following up your way.

Archived