pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the trajectory of the low, We would probably need an inside the benchmark track up here, I would rather see it take a track into the tip of Nova Scotia rather then 50-60 miles east of it..

Well there is a chance for some more northward shifts I think. This shortwave is initially positively tilted.

And then goes negatively tilted, but dampens out a bit.

On the above image, notice we have a s/w northeast of Maine. Although it is progressive...it does give some confluence to the north which helps to not send this into Long Island. I feel like any time you have a ridge to the southeast and a big PV to the northwest over Hudson and Bay and points north...the risk is a more northerly track which is why I was saying I wasn't completely sold on a whiff last night. Now the north trend is limited. The S/W could get sent through the shredder and end up weaker, but my guess is we probably will not see an offshore solution.

BTW people may be interested in my thoughts here

http://ryanhanrahan....05/sneaky-snow/

Basically it's not a very exciting setup but wouldn't be surprised if we got lucky.

Nice write up, and worded very well. More than once you let people know that all the right ingredients need to be in place, so people shouldn't be expecting much at this point.

Well there is a chance for some more northward shifts I think. This shortwave is initially positively tilted.

And then goes negatively tilted, but dampens out a bit.

On the above image, notice we have a s/w northeast of Maine. Although it is progressive...it does give some confluence to the north which helps to not send this into Long Island. I feel like any time you have a ridge to the southeast and a big PV to the northwest over Hudson and Bay and points north...the risk is a more northerly track which is why I was saying I wasn't completely sold on a whiff last night. Now the north trend is limited. The S/W could get sent through the shredder and end up weaker, but my guess is we probably will not see an offshore solution.

Nice post.

Archived