Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

:lol:

my position remains the same...just flip me to some flakes at the tail end of whatever moves by. given the pattern, that's good enough for me. euro at face value looks like sometime after 14 or 15z thur it might changeover out this way.

nam offered up a substantially better scenario.

I just think it would be awesome if the Cape somehow pulled a plowable snowfall out of Nature's arse given the temperature regime and overall pattern. But that would really, really be threading the needle. Need heavy fall rates and a just perfect track to keep H85 safely below 0C....and hope dynamics can bring aggregates to the surface.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z EURO looks real good for SNE. As much as it pains me to say this, (lol) I do hope the immediate coastal plain folks can capitalize here and at least get the ground white. If it slips SE, a Cape Cod snowfall would be pretty cool, too.

Edit, wait, no I'm supposed to say I hope this goes way out to sea and SNE gets cirrus :ee:

As for me, my rantings were for MBY but I never wish a miss on someone else. If I'm not getting it someone else should but I ALWAYS root for me first and will fight you hand to hand...snowflake to snowflake....lol...

12z EURO looks real good for SNE. As much as it pains me to say this, (lol) I do hope the immediate coastal plain folks can capitalize here and at least get the ground white. If it slips SE, a Cape Cod snowfall would be pretty cool, too.

Edit, wait, no I'm supposed to say I hope this goes way out to sea and SNE gets cirrus :ee:

Holy crap. The old snowman choppers!

I just think it would be awesome if the Cape somehow pulled a plowable snowfall out of Nature's arse given the temperature regime and overall pattern. But that would really, really be threading the needle. Need heavy fall rates and a just perfect track to keep H85 safely below 0C....and hope dynamics can bring aggregates to the surface.

it's mainly the low levels that are the problem in this event. i'm not sure that too many places have to be overly concerned about the 850s really. it's the bottom 2500 feet or so that are warm...mostly on the immediate coastal plain.

What are your thoughts about S VT/ S NH?

Mostly cloudy. Honestly I know there is this fear of it coming NW but no operational model has yet to produce that except for the 18z NAM yesterday I think... some ensemble members are a little more amped but I don't know why we would take one or two ensemble members over the OP runs and think its a plausible solution. Just loop the H5 vorticity and watch it evolve... there's really no mechanism for a NW pull except a weakened SE ridge, and that's only going to push it north so far. Out west the wave lengths are dampened, too, so wherever this comes off the coast its just going to rocket ENE. There's not even all that much baroclinicity because New England is so warm, so its not like we'll see frontogenesis bands pushing all the way back to western New England. Its really threading the needle but my gut would say S.VT and S.NH may not see measurable precip.

Mostly cloudy. Honestly I know there is this fear of it coming NW but no operational model has yet to produce that except for the 18z NAM yesterday I think... some ensemble members are a little more amped but I don't know why we would take one or two ensemble members over the OP runs and think its a plausible solution. Just loop the H5 vorticity and watch it evolve... there's really no mechanism for a NW pull except a weakened SE ridge, and that's only going to push it north so far. Out west the wave lengths are dampened, too, so wherever this comes off the coast its just going to rocket ENE. There's not even all that much baroclinicity because New England is so warm, so its not like we'll see frontogenesis bands pushing all the way back to western New England. Its really threading the needle but my gut would say S.VT and S.NH may not see measurable precip.

I find this post disgusting, but I agree with it.

46.6/46

Yeah its a tough one... honestly the forecaster in me says this stays where it is or trends weaker and more SE just looking at the whole H5 evolution.

Dryslot you folks in ME seem to be in with SNE on this one... if they get a good snowfall, you probably will too given the projected tracks on some of the better model runs.

PF, We would see some snow out of this per the latest Euro run and a couple others, Still think this will fluctuate some, I would rather have some room to work with but we lie on the NW fringe right now, What would hurt here if it trends SE some, At least its something to watch..

Some say 10/31/91 was the perfect storm.

To me the perfect storm will be Logan Airport getting .9" while I get 4-8" of snow, MRG enjoys cold dry breezes on the backside and Kev is tied up like the dude in Pulp Fiction in someones basement in Buffalo..arriving back in Tolland only after having his Buffalo priveleges revoked and the snow has melted.

Some say 10/31/91 was the perfect storm.

To me the perfect storm will be Logan Airport getting .9" while I get 4-8" of snow, MRG enjoys cold dry breezes on the backside and Kev is tied up like the dude in Pulp Fiction in someones basement in Buffalo..arriving back in Tolland only after having his Buffalo priveleges revoked and the snow has melted.

I find this post disgusting but I agree with some of it

Euro has it clearing by Noon Thursday, quick hitting and potent event. Crazy Uncle is the warmest and most prolific qpf model while GFS (not surprising) is furthest SE. Euro and NAM are quite similar.

Now about messenger and my bet. If I win, we're even...no one eats. If he wins, I owe him 2 dinners.

The euro is perfect for me. Thump from 6a-11a and pull off 4-5" of snow...a nice early season wet snow storm and the timing is perfect to cancel school as well. :)

:lol:

i hope it holds serve just so this verifies.

Agreed.

You understand that the implication of a hit for you is cold rain for me....I'm not sure why you just can't grasp the misery that that entails.

Try with all of your might....

Archived