pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One feature I am liking on both the GFS and the Euro is the roll over ridge in the EPAC. That allows it to stay colder after a brief warmup around D6-7. That is quite a change I think.

Must be the result of the pattern change beginning 12/10...

LOL

Now you're singing MY song.

We see some snow, But we could use a tick or two NW

NEED---MORE---AMPLIFICATION

45.2/45, foggy.

Sounds good Jerry... the GFS also blunted any torch early next week...more like a few days near or a tad above normal.

Out to d9 this is the best Euro run in a long time. Warmth gets truncated and we end up seasonal to cool at times. Considering where we've been it's a victory. Warmup d7-8 and then back to normal give or take some. With normals getting colder.

One feature I am liking on both the GFS and the Euro is the roll over ridge in the EPAC. That allows it to stay colder after a brief warmup around D6-7. That is quite a change I think.

Must be the result of the pattern change beginning 12/10...

Who needs the Rev when you've got the Rebbe? 5 days left in the period.

no ridging over alaska...no -EPO..west coast ridge too far west...+NAO and +AO equals fail imo. Yeah, I see the 50/50 low...but that's the only thing good about that day 10 prog.

I'm not sure your observation is entirely correct on all counts. And the quality is certainly shifting....

12z EURO looks real good for SNE. As much as it pains me to say this, (lol) I do hope the immediate coastal plain folks can capitalize here and at least get the ground white. If it slips SE, a Cape Cod snowfall would be pretty cool, too.

Edit, wait, no I'm supposed to say I hope this goes way out to sea and SNE gets cirrus :ee:

12z EURO looks real good for SNE. As much as it pains me to say this, (lol) I do hope the immediate coastal plain folks can capitalize here and at least get the ground white. If it slips SE, a Cape Cod snowfall would be pretty cool, too.

Edit, wait, no I'm supposed to say I hope this goes way out to sea and SNE gets cirrus :ee:

lol

:lol:

my position remains the same...just flip me to some flakes at the tail end of whatever moves by. given the pattern, that's good enough for me. euro at face value looks like sometime after 14 or 15z thur it might changeover out this way.

nam offered up a substantially better scenario.

We would be dealing with a warmer solution for some folks

Yeah its a tough one... honestly the forecaster in me says this stays where it is or trends weaker and more SE just looking at the whole H5 evolution.

Dryslot you folks in ME seem to be in with SNE on this one... if they get a good snowfall, you probably will too given the projected tracks on some of the better model runs.

When I read your statement and then read the map I get the sense GC is not in SNE......

46.2/46, fog starting to lift at last, heavy clouds instead.

Yeah its a tough one... honestly the forecaster in me says this stays where it is or trends weaker and more SE just looking at the whole H5 evolution.

Dryslot you folks in ME seem to be in with SNE on this one... if they get a good snowfall, you probably will too given the projected tracks on some of the better model runs.

What are your thoughts about S VT/ S NH?

Archived