Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWT

Nice to have NAM/Euro on similar pages showing some good snows for SNE, hope they hold. At this lead time it's encouraging to have those two together with the Ukie being a bit more amped and the GFS/GGEM a bit more suppressed.

I know the caution flags are being thrown left and right but all the 12z guidance so far points towards optimism of a pretty decent moderate SNE hit. Euro pending of course but I'd bet that it's closer to the NAM and GEFS given how the models and ensembles have trended the last few runs not to mention the GFS op tendency to "lose" storms in this time frame.

Euro look like just outside BM. Nice hit for Kevin and Will and even BOS I think.

Euro big hit interior... HFD to ORH

Verbatim...yeah give or take. HFD-ORH-LWM down to Cape in a good sweet spot for banding. Seems like BOS gets it good too.

Verbatim...yeah give or take. HFD-ORH-LWM down to Cape in a good sweet spot for banding. Seems like BOS gets it good too.

What are we at now? Inside 72 hours? Looks like we are coming to a consensus. Last year 3-6" would have been a nuisance. This year...heavy, heavy.

Now let the realists/debbie downers come in to say how this 'ain't gonna happen'

BTW...all this storm tracking and its 61 degrees out. Is it March? :lol:

What are we at now? Inside 72 hours? Looks like we are coming to a consensus. Last year 3-6" would have been a nuisance. This year...heavy, heavy.

Now let the realists/debbie downers come in to say how this 'ain't gonna happen'

It still 72 hrs out in a fluid situation. Lots can happen, but we finally have something on the radar screen.

Euro has it clearing by Noon Thursday, quick hitting and potent event. Crazy Uncle is the warmest and most prolific qpf model while GFS (not surprising) is furthest SE. Euro and NAM are quite similar.

Now about messenger and my bet. If I win, we're even...no one eats. If he wins, I owe him 2 dinners.

Euro has it clearing by Noon Thursday, quick hitting and potent event. Crazy Uncle is the warmest and most prolific qpf model while GFS (not surprising) is furthest SE. Euro and NAM are quite similar.

Now about messenger and my bet. If I win, we're even...no one eats. If he wins, I owe him 2 dinners.

Need a magnifying glass.............lol

Archived