pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Banter and BS December 2011

Alpha5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I love the ongoing conversation.. We really have NOTHING to look forward to.. It's sad, but the reality of what this hobby is about.. You win some and lose some.. Perhaps mid January on will bring some interesting weather.. But boy, this couldn't be more boring, from a weather stand point..

As far as what you guys were talking about regarding location, I have to agree, that sometimes it does pay to live further out east, but as snywx states, 9 out of 10 times it's obviously better to be west... Hey, you can make the argument that it's better to live on MT. Earthlight than to be east right?? lol..

And I have to agree with psv88, for whatever reason, Nassau County does appear to getting the sh-t end of the stick a lot of times.. The forcing that creates the mega bands ends up west of Nassau County and then comes through quickly and hits eastern zones better.

Nassau does well w/ or up to par, I should say, in general/big events.. LIke 12/05/03 - they did fairly well, as compared to the rest of the area.. Also 2/19/03 - they did well (i think). I don't think either of those storms were particularly STRONG, despite the copious amounts of snow.. Thus there weren't mega bands that set up giving some locations crazy amounts of snow and other locations a decent amount less..

Anyway, lets all hope that something changes soon or it's going to be spring before we know it!

Jeff

Wow, I love the ongoing conversation.. We really have NOTHING to look forward to.. It's sad, but the reality of what this hobby is about.. You win some and lose some.. Perhaps mid January on will bring some interesting weather.. But boy, this couldn't be more boring, from a weather stand point..

As far as what you guys were talking about regarding location, I have to agree, that sometimes it does pay to live further out east, but as snywx states, 9 out of 10 times it's obviously better to be west... Hey, you can make the argument that it's better to live on MT. Earthlight than to be east right?? lol..

And I have to agree with psv88, for whatever reason, Nassau County does appear to getting the sh-t end of the stick a lot of times.. The forcing that creates the mega bands ends up west of Nassau County and then comes through quickly and hits eastern zones better.

Nassau does well w/ or up to par, I should say, in general/big events.. LIke 12/05/03 - they did fairly well, as compared to the rest of the area.. That wasn't a big storm.. Also 2/19/03 - they did well (i think).

Anyway, lets all hope that something changes soon or it's going to be spring before we know it!

Jeff

Yeah its pretty bad.. lol SNE thread has been in the process of a full meltdown the last few days. The ultimate cure to achieve happiness for 75% of ppl in here is snow and women smile.png

25g3uy1.jpg

There ya go...happy?

I think he meant "real" women.. The virtual kind just don't cut it.. smile.png

Any how.. We just aren't used to ZERO chances of snow... I mean, throw us a bone right? It'd be happy w/ a storm at this point w/ someone getting snow.. This last event was a bust for EVERYONE...

Even, Lake snows.. They're NON existent at the moment.

Any how.. We just aren't used to ZERO chances of snow... I mean, throw us a bone right? It'd be happy w/ a storm at this point w/ someone getting snow.. This last event was a bust for EVERYONE...

oadtw9.jpg

Even Better.

I agree, with zero threats it is pretty miserable...

Most places around the lakes dont even have an inch for their winter totals yet. Its gonna be a looong winter.. Go check out the mid-west thread lol.. They are ready to hang themselves..

Some mets on the Philly forum are churping about the week before Christmas. The long range GGEM ensemble is showing a massive East Coast trough around then, but it has virtually no support right now from any other models. The ECMWF is apparantly showing a west based negative NAO around the 20th and maybe we can get lucky with one storm or two before we can hope for a whole scale pattern change in a month or so.

Since we have nothing to talk about - perhaps I'll just ask this question here.. It's probably been answered, but I don't care to go searching for the answer..

What happened to some of the posters from the past, like CAT5ANDREW, RUGGIE WEATHER, DSUTHERLAND, (not sure on spelling) and many others..

Are these people still around? I miss their comments! Even, Steve, (i know many don't like him) but - you know what, he added information that was interesting and while it was weenish a lot of the time, I generally enjoyed his commentary..

There is always WXOUTLOOKS - he posts occasionally... He's been great- ever since 1995/96.. I've followed him for years!

Ya, so any comments on where these people went etc, would be greatly appreciated, if anyone knows.. Perhaps they're still here and I am just missing their posts..

Thanks!

Since we have nothing to talk about - perhaps I'll just ask this question here.. It's probably been answered, but I don't care to go searching for the answer..

What happened to some of the posters from the past, like CAT5ANDREW, RUGGIE WEATHER, DSUTHERLAND, (not sure on spelling) and many others..

Are these people still around? I miss their comments! Even, Steve, (i know many don't like him) but - you know what, he added information that was interesting and while it was weenish a lot of the time, I generally enjoyed his commentary..

There is always WXOUTLOOKS - he posts occasionally... He's been great- ever since 1995/96.. I've followed him for years!

Ya, so any comments on where these people went etc, would be greatly appreciated, if anyone knows.. Perhaps they're still here and I am just missing their posts..

Thanks!

I know the thread got divided into the NYC and Philly forums, so that caused alot of posters to drop off the board, also ALEX is still banned...i actually enjoyed his posts...too bad...

ALIBI TECHNIQUE

I blew my forecast because the _____A._____ _____B._____ _____C._____

was miscalculated or overlooked.

(Insert a word from each column into the appropriate spaces.)

Column A Column B Column C

integrated thermal equilibrium

pseudo vorticity transfer

dynamic solenoidal stratification

dynamic molecular balance

potential orographic field

diurnal turbulent correlation

stratospheric solar discontinuity

cumulative inertial advection

absolute rotational trajectory

conditional vapor function

Top Ten Reasons Hurricane Season is Like Christmas

10. Decorating the house (boarding up windows).

9. Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season (camping gear, flashlights).

8. Last minute shopping in crowded stores.

7. Regular TV shows pre-empted for "specials".

6. Family coming to stay with you.

5. Family and friends from out-of-state calling.

4. Buying food you don't normally buy ... and in large quantities.

3. Days off from work.

2. Candles.

1 And the number one reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas...At some point you know you're going to have a tree in your house!

Top Ten Reasons Hurricane Season is Like Christmas

10. Decorating the house (boarding up windows).

9. Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season (camping gear, flashlights).

8. Last minute shopping in crowded stores.

7. Regular TV shows pre-empted for "specials".

6. Family coming to stay with you.

5. Family and friends from out-of-state calling.

4. Buying food you don't normally buy ... and in large quantities.

3. Days off from work.

2. Candles.

1 And the number one reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas...At some point you know you're going to have a tree in your house!

haha i like that one...as cheesy as it is...

ALIBI TECHNIQUE

I blew my forecast because the _____A._____ _____B._____ _____C._____

was miscalculated or overlooked.

(Insert a word from each column into the appropriate spaces.)

Column A Column B Column C

integrated thermal equilibrium

pseudo vorticity transfer

dynamic solenoidal stratification

dynamic molecular balance

potential orographic field

diurnal turbulent correlation

stratospheric solar discontinuity

cumulative inertial advection

absolute rotational trajectory

conditional vapor function

No way in hell thats getting solved...writing a massive paper at work...come on dude, too long

Archived