clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
Banter and BS December 2011

Alpha5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares. KU storms are more about geographic coverage and large scale impacts than snowfall totals in our local areas. December 5th 2003 wasn't a KU storm but I recorded 18" of snow IMBY.

Also, I'm not convinced that'll be the case either.

Tom, when do you think the pattern be favorable for our area? Late December into January?

the world is ending next year, you can bet the house on a KU this winter.....

Jan 1996 redux?thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Henry M said this on his fanpage on FB

A lot of odd weather observations coming out of Virginia. Heavy rain, some snow, and thunderstorms all in the same area. I hate weak La Nina and positive NAO winters. Nothing really that much fun to hype about.

facepalm.pnghotdog.gif

Henry also made fun of JB's map on his fanpage. O boy.

Who cares. KU storms are more about geographic coverage and large scale impacts than snowfall totals in our local areas. December 5th 2003 wasn't a KU storm but I recorded 18" of snow IMBY.

Also, I'm not convinced that'll be the case either.

December 2003 was nindeed a KU....

12-18 from DC-BOS with some spots picking up 30+ in Mass.

Anthony: You need to give this bittercaster a taste of your own medicine: :P

So, still at it and it's December 7 with still no freeze (mid-50's and rain right now.) They expect the rain to end with a chill and perhpas some snow.

Will it get to 32 degrees...oh, the suspense.

I'm hoping for a frost free December and an all time record.

If the world is going to turn into a hot cinder anyway, we might as well get to enjoy a couple winters without parkas.

Four days to knock off 1948's 12/11 third place. Two weeks to knock off the all-time 1998 record and a Fall without reaching the freezing point. And then Christmas to make it memorable.

Is it too early to plant orchids in the back yard?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-york-city/1430418-warm-winter-4.html

Nice!By the way, I spent this depressing rainy day at the Secure Driving School in Sheepshead Bay Road next to the train station. The DMV decided to choose today for my road test. sad.png

I live right up the block. I work in that CVS near there.

I had secure when I was taking lessons. They were really nice.

Yeah, I read in one of your posts that you worked at that CVS a couple of years ago. I live in Sheepshead Bay too, around Avenue V and East 13 Street. I am going to Secure again on Sunday morning for my second 5-hour course since this is the third time I failed my road test. :(

Secure is a good school. Where did you take your roadtests? Who was your instructor or instructors?

Archived