• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Harmonie
    Newest Member
    Harmonie
Banter and BS December 2011

Alpha5

so you golf? PM me, I am trying to get an outing going, TornadoJay would be included.

Funny story bout that...my pops entered a golf tournament for his car company, and even though hes an awful golfer, they awarded him a free trip to hawaii, for 2, first class airfare, 5 star hotel and entry into some Pro/Am tournament. I really suck at golf, so if yall see a horrendous golfer on tv in hawaii during week of jan 5, you know its me...i shoot about 120... :thumbsdown:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not grumpy, just lol'ing over it.

Did u also buy a bath tub and a toaster?

Who doesnt already own them? I guess we found out who some of these weirdos are who are on the news out buying shovels and stuff before the big snowstorm. What the hell did you do with last years model, sell it? :pimp:

I can't believe somebody came in here and posted those NAO charts right after I explained in detail how they weren't indicative of the pattern.

The NAO as posted on those charts, is not a good snow pattern because of the positioning of the NAO. HOWEVER, it is a LOT better than what we have now! I'd much rather have that, IF it verified, becase at least if it gets a LITTLE better we can get some small-moderate snowfalls. I don't mind 2-4" snow events in December personally.

At least it feels like Christmas/winter now - a chill in the air. Euro and GFS are finally in agreement on a below avg temp regime overall for the next couple weeks, which is a positive step IMO. Even if the snow potential sucks, I'd much rather it be cold than mild.

we are stepping down, but there is still a major torch due around the 15th, that may be the last one as we set up to go snowier right after xmas.

I think we get a white new years. Nothing worse than watching slime square when its 70 degrees or raining.

At least it feels like Christmas/winter now - a chill in the air. Euro and GFS are finally in agreement on a below avg temp regime overall for the next couple weeks, which is a positive step IMO. Even if the snow potential sucks, I'd much rather it be cold than mild.

Last year was similar to that for a few weeks after the warmth. Then we got the epic snow blitz lol.

snow potential is the sole reason to enjoy cold and there's no debating it

we are stepping down, but there is still a major torch due around the 15th, that may be the last one as we set up to go snowier right after xmas.

I think we get a white new years. Nothing worse than watching slime square when its 70 degrees or raining.

May not be such a major torch. If we get a cutter during that time frame, it could help to ship down some cold air.

I actually enjoy reading metfan's posts. I come into these threads thinking, "well, more depressing crap, but at least I'll get to read some optimism from metfan." If someone tells you you're good looking even when you know in your heart you're ugly as horse crap, it at least makes you feels better for a minute or two.

snow potential is the sole reason to enjoy cold and there's no debating it

In this area, you need the cold first. I would rather have it cold, with no potential for "big" snows on the map and keep it cold. Eventually, it will precipitate. The colder it is, the better chance there is that the precipitation will be snow. In Northern New England, you can get a wet/warm winter and get lots of snow. Here, not so much.

Who doesnt already own them? I guess we found out who some of these weirdos are who are on the news out buying shovels and stuff before the big snowstorm. What the hell did you do with last years model, sell it? :pimp:

Haha i was kidding of course. actually, my fiance broke one of the old wooden snow shovels we had in one of those monsters last year and started crying when i told her to keep shoveling with the broken end... :arrowhead:

I actually enjoy reading metfan's posts. I come into these threads thinking, "well, more depressing crap, but at least I'll get to read some optimism from metfan." If someone tells you you're good looking even when you know in your heart you're ugly as horse crap, it at least makes you feels better for a minute or two.

Haha. So true.

platitudes are the worst

Agree, we'll likely have a warm surge mid month when the PNA/-EPO relaxes and the arctic/north atlantic continue unfavorable. I'm beginning to think we'll get zero help from the MJO this winter. Latets Euro ensembles basically stick it in the circle of death through early january. We're going to have to rely on a SSW occuring or the the low geomag forcing can initiate some height rises over the arctic.

Ps - I hope this post wasn't too depressing.

I love this analogy!

Agree, we'll likely have a warm surge mid month when the PNA/-EPO relaxes and the arctic/north atlantic continue unfavorable. I'm beginning to think we'll get zero help from the MJO this winter. Latets Euro ensembles basically stick it in the circle of death through early january. We're going to have to rely on a SSW occuring or the the low geomag forcing can initiate some height rises over the arctic.

Ps - I hope this post wasn't too depressing.

we can do ok with COD, I do think the AO is going to relax, and that will help.

My biggest fear right now is how much Nina looks like she is getting her act together hard core.

Archived