• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December moving forward...pattern disco

weathafella

This has been a difficult period for all of us. The pattern has clearly gotten to Scott. His posts are rambling pieces of nonsense. Time for a break... or a noose.

Not since the Iraqi Republican Guard stood poised to devaste the infidels has there been such a period of disinformation as what you are all touting right now. You all need a time out and at minimum two weeks off so we can enjoy the cold and incredibly snowy weather inbound.

Don't you people realize all this negative snow talk contributes to regional warming?

It looks like the CPC has stopped updating their temperature forecasts for 8-14 days. All the image says today is "give up"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Thats true, But there are not many that experiance any real winter weather only being 2 days in, Basically for most, Its not until mid to the end of the month depending on location.... :)

baby steps...we started the first two days of winter with seasonal, and then almost seasonal temps...

Not since the Iraqi Republican Guard stood poised to devaste the infidels has there been such a period of disinformation as what you are all touting right now. You all need a time out and at minimum two weeks off so we can enjoy the cold and incredibly snowy weather inbound.

Don't you people realize all this negative snow talk contributes to regional warming?

It looks like the CPC has stopped updating their temperature forecasts for 8-14 days. All the image says today is "give up"

Things were so warm the computer overheated

He enjoys mild wx too much. LOL I expect to see him take a job in like the MIA or TPA market eventually.

As a teenager he seemed to like snow...dunno where it all went wrong. :)

lol... I know. It's been a terrible transition to the darkside.

I do like snow and storms but I don't get my hopes up when the odds are girm.

Fortunately model verification is junk from D10 onward and the ECM is really nothing special at that range.

I'm enjoying day 5-10 and who cares about fantasy range.

Rick....I think the Euro ensembles....a mean of 51 members should be given weight. The mid.month torch is a signal thats growing. HM has a great bead on it from many days ago.

Rick....I think the Euro ensembles....a mean of 51 members should be given weight. The mid.month torch is a signal thats growing. HM has a great bead on it from many days ago.

they are tough to beat. obviously can't just take them and run to the bank with their forecast but probably the best operational long-range tool there is.

He enjoys mild wx too much. LOL I expect to see him take a job in like the MIA or TPA market eventually.

As a teenager he seemed to like snow...dunno where it all went wrong. :)

He does like snow. I know that.But he enjoys milder wx more than snow and perhaps even more so..loves to look at the negatives before he looks at the positives. he prefers to find out what can go wrong rather than find out what will go right. It's rare you'll see him post something positive without also including a negative. He was positive during the Oct snowstorm after the first few days when the models had it and he doubted it..By about 3 days in ..he became positive. It's not his fault..it's just a trait

Of course ...hey might be right, but I just figure enjoy the colder wx while we have it. I don't get into long long range stuff much. If there was a chance to score an inch of snow tonight that's where my attention would be. The bird in hand approach.....

The only bird I can almost grasp now is days 5-10. :)

Rick....I think the Euro ensembles....a mean of 51 members should be given weight.  The mid.month torch is a signal thats growing.  HM has a great bead on it from many days ago.

Euro ENS past day ten were cold this weekend 10 days a go Jerry. Starting to see that we only get good progs up to day 7 as winter deepens, seems to happen every year. Like Rick said lets see what 5-10 have to offer. Ryan trolling is nothing new, first week of Dec last year he expected less than 30 total BDL for the entire winter.

No disrespect but you have been flopping around the last few days..Just this morning you posted how the oattern change is well underway and should be complete by 12/25..Now it's maybe the Euro ens are right and the 15-30th is 10-15 above normal

He does like snow. I know that.But he enjoys milder wx more than snow and perhaps even more so..loves to look at the negatives before he looks at the positives. he prefers to find out what can go wrong rather than find out what will go right. It's rare you'll see him post something positive without also including a negative. He was positive during the Oct snowstorm after the first few days when the models had it and he doubted it..By about 3 days in ..he became positive. It's not his fault..it's just a trait

You are a piece of work. And yeah nobody 5 days out would post only positives about a snowstorm in October. lol

There has been some signs for a while now. We again walk the gradient line near mid month, but it's too early to say if the potential warm up is like any old passing warm up that we always get...or if it last for a while. The flow gets more zonal, but gradient like at the same time...so expect maybe alternating periods perhaps, but we continue to see swings in daily details with the 6-10 day having a tough enough time to nail down...nevermind the 11-15 day. It still doesn't look all that appealing come mid month. The ridge may try to build back a bit shortly after?

Well.... It may be the right approach if you actually have to forecast for a living as opposed to the wx weenie approach we employ sometimes. :)

baby steps...we started the first two days of winter with seasonal, and then almost seasonal temps...

I did not look at it from a temp standpoint, I look at it as winter precip, We can have plenty of cold and no snow, It actually is both cold and snow but from a standpoint up here, The cold is usually a given

Archived