Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December moving forward...pattern disco

weathafella

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOX has pulled any mention of snow for tonight. WINDEX cancel...(not that it had much shot to begin with...)

edit - that is just for my point and click... still some wording in the AFD

IT IS EXPECTED TO

CONTINUE TO WEAKEN. A BRIEF SPRINKLE OR FLURRY /LATE/ CANNOT BE

RULED OUT...BUT THE FRONT IS EXPECTED TO PASS OVER THE REGION WITH

LITTLE FANFARE.

BOX has pulled any mention of snow for tonight. WINDEX cancel...(not that it had much shot to begin with...)

edit - that is just for my point and click... still some wording in the AFD

IT IS EXPECTED TO

CONTINUE TO WEAKEN. A BRIEF SPRINKLE OR FLURRY /LATE/ CANNOT BE

RULED OUT...BUT THE FRONT IS EXPECTED TO PASS OVER THE REGION WITH

LITTLE FANFARE.

I wouldn't be shocked of you see some flurries anyways.

What was that comparison someone (Sam? Earthlight?) posted the other day that had them side by side. I think it was put out by the Euro folks...

The GFS has had bad verification in the 5-6 day timeframe...and I think a lot of it was due to that cutoff in the southeast that gave Memphis snow. The GFS should bounce back a bit.

sorry if this outs me as an idiot but after 4 years I still never understand what is considered the "interior". Is that say 10 mi. from the coast? 50+?

Well again...it's subjective. I'm referring to areas like central and western mass on northward. You probably could include nrn and nw CT too and int ne mass. When you say "interior" this far out...it is a very broad brushed area.

Well the NAM squishes the evil ridge enough at 84 hours for most of Upstate NY to be under 0C at 850 mb.... My guess is that a wave pushes that back north past H84, but we take whatever we can get.

I just looked and ti me the 0C 850 line Is on a line stretching from roughly Ithaca to Herkimer to CON to PWM.

The 00z Euro ensembles in the long range past about D12 or 13 look kind of like an electrical bath pattern. Most of the CONUS is above avg.

Hopefully its breaking down the western ridging too quickly. I'm with Scooter that the D9-10 time frame def has potential for some type of winter threat...we'll just hope it doesn't get too amped up into a cutter. But that time period has been on the radar for awhile looking at the general pattern.

Archived