Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December moving forward...pattern disco

weathafella

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the pattern change begins 12/10 after all....

Eh, I'm not convinced yet Jerry. Moderate MJO impulse though 4-5 and the stratosphere remains very cold. I think the PV remains over the Davis Straight & Greenland until 12/15-12/20 and we may see SE Ridge impulses until then if the Pacific is anything short of great.

By Christmas we should have some signs of blocking coming back on guidance. If not, we may be in trouble.

Eh, I'm not convinced yet Jerry. Moderate MJO impulse though 4-5 and the stratosphere remains very cold. I think the PV remains over the Davis Straight & Greenland until 12/15-12/20 and we may see SE Ridge impulses until then if the Pacific is anything short of great.

By Christmas we should have some signs of blocking coming back on guidance. If not, we may be in trouble.

Just spent the last few minutes wiping your flying birds off of my iPad. I think the EPO dump duration is the key. That's how other very warm starts were saved.

Just spent the last few minutes wiping your flying birds off of my iPad. I think the EPO dump duration is the key. That's how other very warm starts were saved.

Lol!! The snow birds will bring the goods eventually.

The EPO is a major player for sure. We will know a lot more two weeks from now in regards to where we are going.

Well the increase in cold from the -EPO is a good sign...we'll need that to be on the right side of the gradient.

You have to be feeling good about your chances up that way..Pike on north. Especially given what you said about the models underestimating the cold from a -EPO. Down this way it could be a little more iffy as to which side of the gradient we're on. I'm game for a :weenie: icestorm though.

Archived