Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December moving forward...pattern disco

weathafella

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking ...ice is a threat with that kind of cold being delivered to Canada and the upper flow fighting it's ability to bleed down. But it may make more progress at the low levels - hence ice.

yet another option.... it alternates between 18 and 49 with no snow - ha ha

I'm semi-optimistic with what is shown. Models tend to over play the cold when we have a +EPO and then when we have a good -EPO and cross polar flow, they will often under estimate the ability for the cold air to get transported south and east. Hopefully that bias works in our favor this time.

It would only take a little adjustment out west for something more favorable to the east I think, and even then...that's a good cold airmass just to our north that the interior can work with.

But we should probably keep things in check for worse solutions that's for sure. At least in the interior....once you cool that area down..it's a b*tch to scour it out.

You can just about guarantee the Euro ens re going be be less rambuncious with that Se ridge which will ultimatley lead to a colder solution. I really like that Euro run today..You adjust it for it's usual errors and we have some fun times coming up

well the ensemble is almost by definition going to be less amped up. likewise, it could be far less cold over canada. who knows.

It would only take a little adjustment out west for something more favorable to the east I think, and even then...that's a good cold airmass just to our north that the interior can work with.

But we should probably keep things in check for worse solutions that's for sure. At least in the interior....once you cool that area down..it's a b*tch to scour it out.

Except in CT.

CT is the most heavily forested state in the country per populus I believe.

That may be by population but not overall cover

The following states have the majority of their land have forest cover.

1. Maine 85.8%

2. New Hampshire 78.4%

3. West Virginia: 77.2%

4. Vermont: 75.7%

5. Alabama: 70.6%

6. Georgia: 64.2%

7. South Carolina: 63.8%

8. Mississippi: 61.9%

9. Virginia: 60.7%

10. North Carolina: 59.9%

11. Pennsylvania: 55.3%

12. Arkansas: 55.1%

13. Connecticut: 54.7%

14. Tennessee: 52.9%

15. Massachusetts: 52.5%

16. Michigan: 51.2%

17. New York: 50.9%

18. Rhode Island: 50.8%

Not me..I rooted it on, got it ..and am rooting for it even harder this time. I love damage

It's the only kind of devastation our region has not seen this year...you name it, we've had it - building crushing snows, tornados, tropical storms, limb collapsing snow in October - the only thing missing is an ice storm. Just let me get my generating working this time...

It's the only kind of devastation our region has not seen this year...you name it, we've had it - building crushing snows, tornados, tropical storms, limb collapsing snow in October - the only thing missing is an ice storm. Just let me get my generating working this time...

Yeah it's coming. And it will be in December

Maybe they aren't counting the heavily wooded suburban developments in places like CT as forest.... You drive through like Fairfield, Westchester Counties etc. and it seems like a big forest, but amidst that woods are hundreds of thousands of houses.....

That may be by population but not overall cover

The following states have the majority of their land have forest cover.

1. Maine 85.8%

2. New Hampshire 78.4%

3. West Virginia: 77.2%

4. Vermont: 75.7%

5. Alabama: 70.6%

6. Georgia: 64.2%

7. South Carolina: 63.8%

8. Mississippi: 61.9%

9. Virginia: 60.7%

10. North Carolina: 59.9%

11. Pennsylvania: 55.3%

12. Arkansas: 55.1%

13. Connecticut: 54.7%

14. Tennessee: 52.9%

15. Massachusetts: 52.5%

16. Michigan: 51.2%

17. New York: 50.9%

18. Rhode Island: 50.8%

Maye they aren't counting the heavily wooded suburban developments in places like CT as forest.... You drive through like Fairfield, Westchester Counties etc. and it seems like a big forest, but amidst that woods are hundreds of thousands of houses.....

Population wise most of those states in the top..noone lives in

Maye they aren't counting the heavily wooded suburban developments in places like CT as forest.... You drive through like Fairfield, Westchester Counties etc. and it seems like a big forest, but amidst that woods are hundreds of thousands of houses.....

I don't think they count that. A lot of CT outside of SW CT is wooded. Eastern CT is like all forest with scattered towns mixed in.

I believe the stat Kevin is looking for that CL&P brings up once a day seemingly is that the state has the 1st or 2nd most heavily "treed" power lines per mile of line. Not what constitutes "treed" but we've heard that a lot in press conferences over the last couple months.

Maybe they aren't counting the heavily wooded suburban developments in places like CT as forest.... You drive through like Fairfield, Westchester Counties etc. and it seems like a big forest, but amidst that woods are hundreds of thousands of houses.....

That could be, But i still doubt there are more tress, Tamarack could probably answer this much better as he works i believe for the forrest dept..

Archived