Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting a pretty decent shower here right now- just the start of this prolonged 3 prong rain event- the 12Z Euro has over 3" total in north GA by 126 hours.

Yep, I'm looking forward to not getting screwed for a change. I've had rain since 11 and another big slug headed up this way. And another line on the radar coming in from out west. It looks like an embarrassment of riches. Hope it isn't all a mirage, and misses me west as per usual. T

Yep, I'm looking forward to not getting screwed for a change. I've had rain since 11 and another big slug headed up this way. And another line on the radar coming in from out west. It looks like an embarrassment of riches. Hope it isn't all a mirage, and misses me west as per usual. T

:lol: That is what will happen to me :lol: Glad to hear you are getting some rain Tony :hug: Hopefully tomorrow I will surpass that ever elusive .25" mark ;)

+4.1 @ KTRI for the month w/ very little opportunity to eat into that number. At this point, it is almost certain that this winter will be above normal w/ temps. It seems highly unlikely that a combination of January/February temps would be able to eat into that large of a surplus temp wise. What is even more surprising is that next year could be a third year La Nina. I have my doubts, but that would be a bit much to take.

:lol: That is what will happen to me :lol: Glad to hear you are getting some rain Tony :hug: Hopefully tomorrow I will surpass that ever elusive .25" mark ;)

Well, Michelle, it is kind of a two way street thus far, lol. It has rained pretty much constantly since 11...so just short of 12 hours. I had completely forgotten it could do that! I thought it was slam, bang, thank you ma'am. You know ...drizzle for two hours, and maybe every two months or so a good shower for 2 minutes. But this has been soaking the ground. Yep, I said soaking.

But...... well, it can't seem to find the gauge :) I doubt there is more than a tenth in there. But it looks like I've had an inch..so I'll take it. Steady wins the prize!

I'll have to get back to you on that .25 thing...I'm afraid we still have constipated clouds in this part of Ga., so far, lol. Tony

Well, Michelle, it is kind of a two way street thus far, lol. It has rained pretty much constantly since 11...so just short of 12 hours. I had completely forgotten it could do that! I thought it was slam, bang. You know ...drizzle for two hours, and maybe every two months or so a good shower for 2 minutes. But this has been soaking the ground. Yep, I said soaking.

But...... well, it can't seem to find the gauge :) I doubt there is more than a tenth in there. But it looks like I've had an inch..so I'll take it. Steady wins the prize!

I'll have to get back to you on that .25 thing...I'm afraid we still have constipated clouds in this part of Ga., so far, lol. Tony

Edit: At 1am I'm up over .2

I wake up this morning and looked out the window to see that it rained a little with the that 20 percent chance and next I look at the sky and there is a big rainbow just right there lol. The sunrise looked great this morning.

EDIT: Now its a double rainbow. Best looking rainbow I have ever seen.

EDIT: Now its gone and raining again lol.

Getting a pretty decent shower here right now- just the start of this prolonged 3 prong rain event- the 12Z Euro has over 3" total in north GA by 126 hours.

I haven't even looked at the euro but that would be nice. 0.81 so far. Maybe I can get my lakes back to full pool for a change. They have been way down for a long time.

The last time the ground was this soggy in December was the year "Faye" hit. I can't belive I'm getting so lucky, even when others just a short drive south like toward Ga and central SC are missing out so often. Got .40" so far on this event, looks like another 1" maybe 2" total if the Christmas storm pans out. I'm pushing 45" on the year, which is amazing since I can barely do this during a strong Nino.

The last time the ground was this soggy in December was the year "Faye" hit. I can't belive I'm getting so lucky, even when others just a short drive south like toward Ga and central SC are missing out so often. Got .40" so far on this event, looks like another 1" maybe 2" total if the Christmas storm pans out. I'm pushing 45" on the year, which is amazing since I can barely do this during a strong Nino.

Great to hear you are doing so well for a change. You certainly need it and deserve it more than anyone after all the screwjobs and drought you've been through. Hopefully you get a lot more.

Ground is soggy to a degree here but just can't get the creeks/lakes to come up. I'm assuming the water table is quite low or something.

Great to hear you are doing so well for a change. You certainly need it and deserve it more than anyone after all the screwjobs and drought you've been through. Hopefully you get a lot more.

Ground is soggy to a degree here but just can't get the creeks/lakes to come up. I'm assuming the water table is quite low or something.

This is the first year that my backyard is not a swamp for the holidaze. Grass mowing shall commence Friday afternoon. :(

I never expected or saw this coming, but once we got past a dry January , it really changed and never really let up. There was a period of pretty dry in the Summer for a couple of weeks, but it didn't last and my part of the county got hit numerous times even when it was relatively dry everywhere else, so that was odd. The summer overall is what kept us doing well, and now the wet fall all around here has brought up the lakes and rivers/streams. I pay very close attention to them , since a few years ago, and this is the best they've looks for a long period of time. If we revert back to the usually droughty downslope, the water table would return back to being very low, remember I've got over 140" missing in the long term, and it has always shown , via the fact once a major wet week or month ended, they would shrink back down to a trickle. So far, they're up a lot more than usual, even in not so wet weeks. Thats a good sign we're making progress. Also, the grass was green from the start of Spring to now, with only a brief "brownout" period in June I think. I don't recall that since I moved here in 2003. Hopefully your area can pull in more big events , the next event looks okay , with a separate blob of rain coming at Ga and the Upstate Thursday night ahead of the main shield further west. Then the front sweeps through and probably most will do ok. Big question mark on the Christmas storm, the SREF actually cuts off well west, and doesn't bring it out, atleast not then. It might not come out til later next week, but the globals should be telling today.

This is the first year that my backyard is not a swamp for the holidaze. Grass mowing shall commence Friday afternoon. :(

Water table is up here, despite not being overly wet as of late. Think it may be residual in the table from Irene and a couple 2" events during the fall. Areas I normally mow in the back are swamp, and the creek level went from almost 0 this summer to a healthy 3' last I checked. Grass is dead here, at least the centipede is. Thought about mowing to cut down on the winter weeds, and may do that Friday if dry.

Off and on drizzle this morning, just enough to stain the back deck.

Actually getting occasional drops here. Irene never really materialized any good rains here, just been a dry year.

I am hesitant to say that is the reason why the water table is up, almost 4 months later, but I at least think it is part of the reason. Creek and the low areas have not recovered to below normal levels since then, and it seems like even a little bit of rn does not drain/absorb into the ground as in years past similar period. Certainly more standing water than last year at this time. Would love a week or so with hard freezes to see it ice up, always fun to see wet ground fisher and crack from being frozen, kind of like our very own tundra E NC style. :)

just when the back edge of radar shows the rain ending, it comes back. Now its pouring , and the sound on the tin roof is nice to hear. For weeks, there's been puddles every where you drive. Can't say that very often around here. Its been a pretty wet year (actually "normal") but compared to my 12 year "normal" this is a complete 180 degree turnaround. It just won't dry out for very long. Glad I got my leaves up when I did, or they'd be there til Spring.

I have had enough sprinkles to give me a trace....sigh.....

CAE.....

.SHORT TERM /6 PM THIS EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY/...

THE NAM AND GFS KEEP THE SLOW MOVING FRONT NORTH AND WEST OF THE

FORECAST AREA THROUGH THURSDAY. THE WARM TEMPERATURES SHOULD

CONTINUE. MOISTURE BECOMING MORE SHALLOW FOR TONIGHT AND THURSDAY

WITH LITTLE H85 WARM ADVECTION. THE NAM AND GFS MOS HAVE LOWER

POPS DURING THESE PERIODS. COLD FRONT APPROACHING OR MOVING

THROUGH THE AREA THURSDAY NIGHT WITH SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS

SHOWERS. NAM/SREF SLOWER THAN GFS MOVING COLD FRONT THROUGH THE

AREA BUT MODELS SUGGEST HIGHER POPS ACROSS THE EAST.

EDIT: CAE rainfall....TOTAL FOR MONTH: 0.07 :(

I am hesitant to say that is the reason why the water table is up, almost 4 months later, but I at least think it is part of the reason. Creek and the low areas have not recovered to below normal levels since then, and it seems like even a little bit of rn does not drain/absorb into the ground as in years past similar period. Certainly more standing water than last year at this time. Would love a week or so with hard freezes to see it ice up, always fun to see wet ground fisher and crack from being frozen, kind of like our very own tundra E NC style. :)

This time last year I was in New Bern for the winter. The ground froze (as did the neuse river a few times) and never warmed up again until Mid-february. Not this year.. :)

I have had enough sprinkles to give me a trace....sigh.....

CAE.....

.SHORT TERM /6 PM THIS EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY/...

THE NAM AND GFS KEEP THE SLOW MOVING FRONT NORTH AND WEST OF THE

FORECAST AREA THROUGH THURSDAY. THE WARM TEMPERATURES SHOULD

CONTINUE. MOISTURE BECOMING MORE SHALLOW FOR TONIGHT AND THURSDAY

WITH LITTLE H85 WARM ADVECTION. THE NAM AND GFS MOS HAVE LOWER

POPS DURING THESE PERIODS. COLD FRONT APPROACHING OR MOVING

THROUGH THE AREA THURSDAY NIGHT WITH SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS

SHOWERS. NAM/SREF SLOWER THAN GFS MOVING COLD FRONT THROUGH THE

AREA BUT MODELS SUGGEST HIGHER POPS ACROSS THE EAST.

EDIT: CAE rainfall....TOTAL FOR MONTH: 0.07 :(

thats pathetically low. All the systems have been just north and west. I hope you get into some rain soon.

Oh God, good luck. I'm sure it's a mad house up there and this rain isn't helping.

Yea, it's not too bad. Being out of town for work 2 weeks at a time really hurt my shopping this year. Steady rain up here in Concord too with a heavier batch beginning to come through. Wind is also breezy off and on.

Archived