Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

74 deg here at 2:16 angry.png It's better than 90+ but I'm not looking forward to having to turn the air on...lol Goofy is giving me almost a half an inch of rain on Christmas biggrin.png

Wahoo! You make out like a bandit either way :) If it turns cold and snows, you get another 6 to 8. It it is cold, or warm, rain you get to hang on to the ledge over the "end of the world drought chasm" a while longer, lol.

I hate to think how many winter 70's I've endured, but it is way more than winter subteens. Until I get some good rains, I just can't get all that worried about cold air. I know it will come, but after 2 inches of snow last year, while all the world was getting pummeled, why worry. At this point I'd trade an inch of snow for 3 inches of 33 degree rain. ....well...as long as I get another chance come Feb., sled.gif .....well, and not last years Chrismas inch of snow... that was special. T

wow 10 members on here on the 15th of December, really showing the excitement of winter weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!thumbsupsmileyanim.gifsanta.gif

Just hold on things are fixing to change! We're going from mild to warm next week sizzle.gif I hear Henry M. accuweather threw in the towel today on winter.... So you know if he's throwing in the towel models bound to look horrible in the LR!!! blink.png No Big Daddy storms. lol ohmy.png

Just hold on things are fixing to change! We're going from mild to warm next week sizzle.gif I hear Henry M. accuweather threw in the towel today on winter.... So you know if he's throwing in the towel models bound to look horrible in the LR!!! blink.png No Big Daddy storms. lol ohmy.png

Wow...and it's only a few weeks into winter....not throwing in towel on winter until April!

Hey guys with Christmas Eve/Day being 9-10 days out, should we just create a separate thread for the potential storm of some sort around that time and leave the model stuff there?

Let's get it within a respectable 7 days and see if there's anything there. I suspect that if there is going to be a storm and not just a fropa, then it will probably end up a bit far north to do most of us any good. If we don't see a solid HP showing up in the midwest and translating eastward (instead of HP in the Rockies diving down toward TX), we are going to have virtually no shot in this pattern. Even with perfect timing, I still fear we are going to be marginal on cold air delivery at best. That's my 1 cent.

Agree, could care less at this point, CR, start a medium range disco thread with the 18z GFS @ 168, H5 of course... snowing3.gif

If you don't, I will maprain.gif

Let me take a cold rain check on that for a couple of hours. Wife is ringing the dinner bell and I have to put the finishing touches on the Christmas lights with my son. Once I get him in bed, I'll be back, and if the thread still needs starting, I'll start it. If someone wishes to proceed in the meantime, please feel free.

Wahoo! You make out like a bandit either way smile.png If it turns cold and snows, you get another 6 to 8. It it is cold, or warm, rain you get to hang on to the ledge over the "end of the world drought chasm" a while longer, lol.

I hate to think how many winter 70's I've endured, but it is way more than winter subteens. Until I get some good rains, I just can't get all that worried about cold air. I know it will come, but after 2 inches of snow last year, while all the world was getting pummeled, why worry. At this point I'd trade an inch of snow for 3 inches of 33 degree rain. ....well...as long as I get another chance come Feb., sled.gif .....well, and not last years Chrismas inch of snow... that was special. T

I'll take 33 and rain :wub: 1.68 last month and nothing but a trace so far this month.....sigh.....rain would be a great change....lol

Totally disagree. Banter is humorous chat and this **** isn't funny. cry.gif

laugh.pngsad.png

Let me take a cold rain check on that for a couple of hours. Wife is ringing the dinner bell and I have to put the finishing touches on the Christmas lights with my son. Once I get him in bed, I'll be back, and if the thread still needs starting, I'll start it. If someone wishes to proceed in the meantime, please feel free.

:wub: I'm just asking for a little rain at this point ph34r.png:lol:

ATM there is a line of showers that extends from Newport,TN down (in a WSW angle) to Guntersville, AL. By the looks of the radar, doesn't seem like we'll get much of anything here in MBY.

Yep, it's worrying in that a week ago it was a gulf low barreling over head. Oh, well, I won't lose hope for some rain until it is east of me :) T

Red sky at morning.... I guess this means a storm is coming. This was taken before sunrise this morning. The temp never fell below 49 all night. Yesterday must have been a record at 76 degrees. Last year on December 15th was the coldest I've seen here in three years, 5 degrees.

post-1004-0-70355600-1324042191.jpg

The way the teleconnections look, I'd say there's less than a 5% chance that the pattern changes before new years and a 65-75% chance that KCLT is +5 by the end of the month(already at +3.8).

KATL is at +3.9 for the month... The overnight low of 60 last night for KATL was about +25 above normal, which is yet to be factored into the average. Although there is a good chance it will go lower before midnight tonight. Things have been a complete torch the last few days.

edit : Yeah that got posted in the wrong thread, my bad, I thought I was in the obs thread. On the bright side my mistake got that god awful thread shut down.

Red sky at morning.... I guess this means a storm is coming. This was taken before sunrise this morning. The temp never fell below 49 all night. Yesterday must have been a record at 76 degrees. Last year on December 15th was the coldest I've seen here in three years, 5 degrees.

Such an awe inspiring picture...absolutely breath taking!!!!

KATL is at +3.9 for the month... The overnight low of 60 last night for KATL was about +25 above normal, which is yet to be factored into the average. Although there is a good chance it will go lower before midnight tonight. Things have been a complete torch the last few days.

edit : Yeah that got posted in the wrong thread, my bad, I thought I was in the obs thread. On the bright side my mistake got that god awful thread shut down.

post-295-0-13945100-1324051923.jpg

Emerson if there was anything wintery to talk about I would be harping on that. I'll be one of the first to switch gears to cold and snowy if a threat materializes. With the weather over the past few days the only thing I find interesting is the abnormally high temps. Other than that there is not much to talk about. The forecast high from FFC was 65 today and it's already 68.

Emerson if there was anything wintery to talk about I would be harping on that. I'll be one of the first to switch gears to cold and snowy if a threat materializes. With the weather over the past few days the only thing I find interesting is the abnormally high temps. Other than that there is not much to talk about. The forecast high from FFC was 65 today and it's already 68.

I know. I just wanted to give you a hard time. I tried to put "Warmista" with you and Queencity on his side but I'm at work and can't spend too much time on it.

Archived