Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and it appears there may be another +20 day in the works which would put CLT at 51.1 on the month so far. That would be the 3rd warmest monthly average ever for December.

Only the 7th. A bit early to talk averages. All it takes it 3 - 6 days of way below temps to bring any average down, especially if the whole of the month is near or above normal.

Only the 7th. A bit early to talk averages. All it takes it 3 - 6 days of way below temps to bring any average down, especially if the whole of the month is near or above normal.

There isnt going to be ANY significantly below normal temps coming up in the next 14 days. The best you can hope for is at or slightly above normal. Couple that with the AO and EPO by mid month and we could be in the 60's or 70's for christmas.

There isnt going to be ANY significantly below normal temps coming up in the next 14 days. The best you can hope for is at or slightly above normal. Couple that with the AO and EPO by mid month and we could be in the 60's or 70's for christmas.

Yep 12z GFS and Euro have no relief in sight. Blah, got just a little excited by the 00z but typical GFS.

Yep 12z GFS and Euro have no relief in sight. Blah, got just a little excited by the 00z but typical GFS.

I think that's the greatest thing to take away from this. The models change so frequently from run to run right now, that we can't really trust anything in the long-term (greater than 5-7 days out). As Foothills has been stressing, the models are having fits trying to model these cutoff lows correctly. I'll just wait and see what happens from week to week and watch for those little surprises that no one saw coming.

Again, I'm quite content with the weather right now. I know it will change as we go through winter. (And by change, I mean that the weather will be different from day to day, up and down, wet and dry, cold and warm, not that we will definitely have what some are requiring for a "pattern change.") Sure, I wish I got 100+ inches of snow each year, but I know the only way for that to happen is for me to move, which is not practical. As a famous weather "celebrity" has said, "Enjoy the weather, because it's the only weather you've got!" Rainfall has been phenomenal recently, and temperatures have steadily been falling the past few months. There's no awful heat and humidity outside, and it's not frigidly cold and dry. Life is good!

I 100% agree. A few years back I would be super pissed that the short range is not showing a "change". However, I really could care less this year for some reason...

Anyway, I would be happy we average temps, systems like the one we are currently having (total so far is just under 1.5" :) and low humidity :)

OBS

Rain has been off and on all day long. Had a few heavy showers in the past 45 mins here. Roads and ditches have loads of water laying around...

I think that's the greatest thing to take away from this. The models change so frequently from run to run right now, that we can't really trust anything in the long-term (greater than 5-7 days out). As Foothills has been stressing, the models are having fits trying to model these cutoff lows correctly. I'll just wait and see what happens from week to week and watch for those little surprises that no one saw coming.

Again, I'm quite content with the weather right now. I know it will change as we go through winter. (And by change, I mean that the weather will be different from day to day, up and down, wet and dry, cold and warm, not that we will definitely have what some are requiring for a "pattern change.") Sure, I wish I got 100+ inches of snow each year, but I know the only way for that to happen is for me to move, which is not practical. As a famous weather "celebrity" has said, "Enjoy the weather, because it's the only weather you've got!" Rainfall has been phenomenal recently, and temperatures have steadily been falling the past few months. There's no awful heat and humidity outside, and it's not frigidly cold and dry. Life is good!

and it appears there may be another +20 day in the works which would put CLT at 51.1 on the month so far. That would be the 3rd warmest monthly average ever for December.

With it being so early in the month, I have to agree, you cant talk averages yet. Just doing the math, if the high and low temps being forecast using Wundermap verify just through this coming Sunday, the 11th, that avg number goes from 51.1 to 46.7. Way to early to talk about 3rd warmest months yet.

A rather strong wind gust just blew through here. It was strong enough to blow over a full heavy trash can and thrown the lawn chairs all over the yard. Temperature has fallen to 56 (was 62 early this morning) and up to .94" for today's rain total so far. Hard to believe earlier the sun was out for a little bit.

My buddy up on Frosty Mountain now reporting 32° but the snow has slowed up a lot.

sounds right he has to be near the 850 level at his elevation.. If he is at the top of that mountain he is around 3200 feet or so.

850 temps are crashing and very cold, 925 temps are crashing as well.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gs_upl=484l2762l0l2811l19l14l0l0l0l0l448l3345l0.3.6.3.1l13l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=747&bih=519&q=frosty+mountain,+ga&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x885f76ff73498997:0x22971dde4fd10bea,Frosty+Mountain&gl=us&ei=Os7fTrbmCM-Ttwevq8GCDQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCsQ8gEwAA

Archived