Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at 71.4 and I'd be happy with some nice warm rain at this point, but falling temps in Ala. means falling rain chances here. Any howling down here will be those desert winds blowing the sand around :) T

we had alittle wind early in the day now calm heavy rain just started hardest we have had in some time

temps around 62 at the moment i see alot of rain over to the west just wonder how much will make it here..

as i was typing this the rain has almost stopped

It's a been another wet and dreary day, but I love it! 0.11 inches yesterday and 0.42 inches so far today with the heavier rain knocking on my door. I love the low clouds and fog combined with the wetness in the air. It's amazing how much rain I've gotten recently: one storm after another about every 5-7 days. Keep on truckin'! :scooter:

Alright, the GFS 0z has a shot at another low to the south of me next week. If this holds up under the next few runs, I might get a shot at some real rain to make up for this heavy drizzle storm I've got right now. I could care less if there is any cold to work with except to keep this sucker suppressed enough to bring the northern shield across middle Georgia.

This picture tells the story better than I could ever try and articulate.

One hell of a gradient.

there are 4 levels of drought in my county alone ! how is that even possible ? it goes from an extreme drought to abnormally dry in just 10 miles ! and from an extreme drought to no drought at all in 25-30 miles !

Alright, the GFS 0z has a shot at another low to the south of me next week. If this holds up under the next few runs, I might get a shot at some real rain to make up for this heavy drizzle storm I've got right now. I could care less if there is any cold to work with except to keep this sucker suppressed enough to bring the northern shield across middle Georgia.

Well, at least if it is in the 20's and we get .2 in liquid it'll seem like a lot more if the ratios are good, lol.

Yeah, that's all I'm wanting cold for right now...to push the rain down on us. I'll worry about sleet after Christmas...just give me a gulf tap that fires the hose at us!

That map above scares me a lot more than any torch model could. Tony

Feels like September... Currently 64f IMBY

SXUS72 KRAH 070857

RERRDU

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC

357 AM EST WED DEC 7 2011

...RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT RALEIGH-DURHAM INTL

AIRPORT NC...

THE MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AT RALEIGH-DURHAM INTL AIRPORT ON DECEMBER

6 2011 WAS 60 DEGREES. THIS BREAKS THE PREVIOUS RECORD HIGH MINIMUM

TEMPERATURE OF 56 DEGREES...SET IN 1998.

$$

Archived