Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very fine mist has been falling for the last hour or so here in Hickory. It's been a dreary day with a low cloud deck all day. I don't think I'll see the sun for another few days, but that's okay. Bring on the real rain!

Yeah, we've already gotten .06" of rain here in NE Hickory at St Stephens Park since around 1:30pm.

Beech Mountain got 20 inches of snow this week last year.

Date Low High Snow Precip December 5 14° 32° 7.0" 0.80" December 6 14° 4.0" 0.18" December 7 -1° 10° 7.0" 0.11" December 8 0.2" 0.01" December 9 15° 0.0" 0.00" December 10 27° 0.0" 0.00" December 11 21° 26° 0.0" 0.00" December 12 23° 33° 2.0" 0.22"

http://www.booneweat...Last+Year/Freds

This was a result of that date and continued NW flow. Taken in Newland, 25" in the pic and they rounded out around 28". He lives up Sugar #2 rd for those that know Avery county.

post-1288-0-32874600-1323133575.jpg

I remember this pic and you visiting during that event. I ended up with a little over 24. The duration of that storm is what was awesome. I like for it snow for days more than a 12 hour dumpage. Great storm for being so early.

Thank you for adding that!! Geez

I got green grass??......winter is over dammit...ooops its winter rye :axe:

I actually have dark green lush fescue not rye in my yard. It is funny how things are growing from temperatures being warm. I have seen spring wees germinating now. Need some cold air for a week to stop all of this

the NAM has a pretty good period of snow across the mid south, like the last storm. Western Tn and northern Miss and nrn Alabama then across much of TN as the system rolls east. The system then picks up speed quickly . Even if its not much accum. this will make twice that significant snow fell between LIT MEM HSV before Christmas.

I guess this is what I'm confused on. The setup looks almost identical to DFW today. You have just about the same 850 temps with the same SFC temps and they are expecting a mix with snow to the west. Why based on the Euro would we not get a mix in WNC? I know DFW is flat and doesn't have the mountains doing their thing....but with what looks to be the same temp profile what is the big difference? 2m dewpoints on the Euro are at around 32 - 40 with 850s sub freezing (GSO west)...with the qpf there wouldn't it be cold enough for at the least a mix since you would get some dynamic cooling?

See #77 :Phttp://internet.wikia.com/wiki/Weenie_Phrazes

Umm..... Not sure if anyone has been keeping an eye on the plunging temperatures in Alabama... BUT! Montgomery just dropped 12 degrees in an HOUR! :shiver:

Wow 12 degrees in 1 hours that's pretty significant. I have stayed pretty steady with a temp of 56 and steady rain all morning. probably got about an inch of rain so far.

PGV checking in with 68/57 as of the 11 o'clock hour under PC skies... Forecasted high of 75, unsure if we will get to that as clouds are starting to thicken again, but it sure does not feel like early Dec outside, that's for sure!

Took a little hike outback this morning, through what my neighbors refer to as the swamp, however, I prefer wetlands. The water table is definitely up, more so than last year at this time, and comparable to April of this year after a somewhat wet winter/early spring. I have a couple flowing fingers outback that connect to the main creek. These are only seen during heavy 2-3"+ type thunderstorms, TCs obviously, and extended periods with above avg RN.

GFS pegging just under 1/2" with this system, NAM less than half that, RN gauge is set, interested to see which one verifies.

After this, thinking we may get into an extended period, around 7 days, with temps close to the seasonal avg, maybe even a degree or two below, which should put Dec for the month thus far, slightly below here. Unsure after that, week prior to Christmas is looking rather mild, and the mojo as well as favored teleconnections are not looking good as we role into the second half of Dec; period around 12/18 does have some interest though. :raining:

MISS is getting into the lower 40's some already 41. we in northeast GA are only forecasted to get down to 49 tonight. id like to see some upper 30's with a nice cold rain. come on north winds start howling :)

I'm at 71.4 and I'd be happy with some nice warm rain at this point, but falling temps in Ala. means falling rain chances here. Any howling down here will be those desert winds blowing the sand around :) T

GFS keeps the rain train rolling with system after system. You also got to love the pattern on the GFS where it stays cold just until the system shows up and then gets warm. Scumbag GFS!

lol - i guess we are back to winter reality in the se this year after a couple of great winters :( cold always chasing the moisture and never winning :lol:

.26" for the day so far here in Dahlonega. Foggy...rainy...60.

identical to mby so i wil just use your obs for mine as well :)

Archived