Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Late November/Early December disco on the upcoming pattern

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You better use all your -NAO weenie power, because just a little more ridging into the Davis Straits would be awesome. However, it may be more of a transient feature.

Even if transient, god I can not wait until that term is retired, at least we got a shot. It's all we want and much better than this week. Also NAEFS is on board.

some of this stuff probably has to be put in perspective - that is, where we currently are vs. where we are going.

where we are is in the midst of a horrendously warm, ugly pattern featuring multiple days of +10 to +20 departures with flowers blooming, grass growing, bugs hatching, kevin doing naked morning marathons, skiMRG pretending he has snow on the ground etc etc.

where we are headed is to something more seasonable for the calendar - nothing that currently screams blockbuster stretch of winter weather en route...but a period that at least affords the opportunity to envision frozen precipitation - something impossible to do right now.

it's all relative. :lol:

100% agree although even MRG must be down to just random snowbanks at this point.

All we can ask for at this point is the opportunity for frozen and temps not in the 60s most days.

There is quite few in these threads up here including yourself that could challange it as far as i am concerned, I don't know of many bad ones up this way

I respect his use of social media and the way he gets pumped up. When everyone was bailing on Jan 27 last year he practically was on air for 24 hours explaining why it would happen. He has star power and tends to hype but he sure is educational and a great resource for my professional duties. One of many I use. I will never forget his gravity wave storm a couple of years ago, nobody but nobody had it before him. That thread with him and HM is still an all time classic.

I respect his use of social media and the way he gets pumped up. When everyone was bailing on Jan 27 last year he practically was on air for 24 hours explaining why it would happen. He has star power and tends to hype but he sure is educational and a great resource for my professional duties. One of many I use. I will never forget his gravity wave storm a couple of years ago, nobody but nobody had it before him. That thread with him and HM is still an all time classic.

I agree, Matt does a great job, And goes balls in alot, But to label someone the best there is, Just goes a little over the top when there are many others that can hold there own in here..

i know a lot of people keep bringing up 07-08 pattern but i just had to mention this once

though it probably has little bearing on SNE and eastern areas, this year is absolutely NOTHING like 07-08 up here, the actual weather could not be anymore diamterically opposite to this date :lol:

Yeah, there was definitely already very well established cold reservoir to our north. That made a big difference, and we do not have that this year

:lmao:

well that's probably a stretch...

I challenge you to find a worse one. 60's and 70's for days. a/c humming, bugs smashing on windshields, birds flocking north/grass green/Pollen covering everything in Dorcester,Mass, folks sweating as they leave gyms, fat hairy arms slung out windows, pony o's let out with long hair flowing over faces/frisbees flying across rivers etc etc

Archived