Newest Member
    Monty
Late November/Early December disco on the upcoming pattern

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like it's setting up for a SWFE

It has that look, Need to see a couple more panels but the low looks like it wants to develop further west, Yup it cuts inland, Glad we are still out there, It phases earlier this run and develops the low about 50 miles inland and thru maine, Would be backside snows as it moves off to the NE

It has that look, Need to see a couple more panels but the low looks like it wants to develop further west, Yup it cuts inland, Glad we are still out there, It phases earlier this run and develops the low about 50 miles inland and thru maine

So is it mainly a rain event for all of NE? ps- do you get your euro maps through sv?

So is it mainly a rain event for all of NE? ps- do you get your euro maps through sv?

Yes SV, Its rain on the front end, Low develops over eastern NY and moves NE thru downeast maine but as the low blows up and moves NE it crashes heights to the coast and there is backside snow down into SNE

It has that look, Need to see a couple more panels but the low looks like it wants to develop further west, Yup it cuts inland, Glad we are still out there, It phases earlier this run and develops the low about 50 miles inland and thru maine, Would be backside snows as it moves off to the NE

I'm just happy it HAS the low, however, the pattern is not condusive on wishing upon a south trend if runs keep coming in as rain...

I'm just happy it HAS the low, however, the pattern is not condusive on wishing upon a south trend if runs keep coming in as rain...

It has it, Just a matter of where it phases, Our bowling ball coming down the backside out of canada on this run was faster and further west this run then at 0z

At least it still has the low. Sorry OT but do you recommend it for the $30/month?

It has its perks, You get the model runs a little sooner, I am use to there maps now so its easier for myself, If i was on a budget probably not, I only subscribe to it this time of year though from Sept-Mar

I'm not really sure what the excitement is about.

It appears we're heading toward a normal pattern with 1 or 2 transient cold shots. In general the pattern doesn't look terribly great still with no high latitude blocking and a +PNA ridge that doesn't seem to want to stick around very long.

In addition it appears that the MJO wave may be running in to some trouble. Euro and most dynamical model forecasts now show the MJO wave sputtering a bit as it rolls into the Pacific. I'm worried that without some type of tropical forcing we're going to have a tough time dislodging the monster +AO stratospheric vortex and may even wind up popping the EPO back positive.

It appears we're heading toward a normal pattern with 1 or 2 transient cold shots. In general the pattern doesn't look terribly great still with no high latitude blocking and a +PNA ridge that doesn't seem to want to stick around very long.

In addition it appears that the MJO wave may be running in to some trouble. Euro and most dynamical model forecasts now show the MJO wave sputtering a bit as it rolls into the Pacific. I'm worried that without some type of tropical forcing we're going to have a tough time dislodging the monster +AO stratospheric vortex and may even wind up popping the EPO back positive.

It's cloudy and still almost 70 in SE MA at 1pm PLYMOUTH CLOUDY 69 49 48 SE9

At this point temps under 50 will feel like polar air. I think that frontal system next week has potential, to me the excitement is purely that mosquito growth should be muted after this week.

We're gonna ride Noyes back on this. We think he's got a good read on the pattern

interesting pop to the NEG NAO in this depiction, rolling this forward would be promising, of course verbatim. This could be interesting42d4d0af-2be5-81df.jpg

OP is showing a negitive NAO at day 10..and another shot of cold..I mean why would you mention that?..lol

OP is showing a negitive NAO at day 10..and another shot of cold..I mean why would you mention that?..lol

it's said about 1000 times a day on this forum, but again, the op runs after day 5/6 are to be taken very lightly. if you fired up the euro again right now, initialized everything again and ran it...it would almost assuredly be different.

not to say it's never right or you can't take things away from it...but it's borderline entertainment beyond about 5 days. the verification scores drop substantially. so for ryan to not mention going on at at day 10 does make a degree of sense. LOL.

Archived