• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Interesting Charts

Daryl Herzmann?

Yep, the one and only. I love his IEM pages...we use some of them to help with verification. Daryl and I go way back, in fact, I helped him write one of his first JAVA webpages in the m90s. I'd say he has, um, progressed. lol

Yep, the one and only. I love his IEM pages...we use some of them to help with verification. Daryl and I go way back, in fact, I helped him write one of his first JAVA webpages. I'd say he has, um, progressed. lol

Yeah I worked with him a bit when I was at UNI. He is one sharp dude.

I just checked the climo at Eureka. Yesterday was the warmest day of the year, tied with Oct. 2nd, at 70°. It has never been above 87° or below 20° in the history of their recording station. Yikes.

If I had to choose btw Eureka and Elko, I'd take Eureka based on the tree/ocean quotient...but my job would quickly become finding another job. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Key West also has "none"... probably many Special Marine Warnings but amazing that they haven't issued any TOR or SVR.

The keys were under a tornado watch on October 18th and I could have sworn there was a tornado warning issued just east of Key West at one point. Pretty sure the warning mentioned the Hawks Key Channel area.

There was a waterspout that grazed Wisteria Island later that night and flipped a lot of boats but I don't remember if there was a warning.

Before Eureka hit that 87F record high (which was during September if I recall correctly) , it had the unique distinction of having hot its record high (then 85F) during a WINTER month (February). It is said that when U.S. Grant was stationed at the Army Post in Eureka that it was either poor quality of the Whiskey at the local bar or the monotonous weather (EKA tends to have persistent Summer fog and Winter clouds/fog and rain) that depressed him so much he almost resigned his commission.

Steve

Here are some new ~6 year climo charts from Daryl instead of the 1 year charts above.

Wow...GSP is still handedly leading Eastern Region with the bulk number of SVR/TORS and avg days/yr of SVR/TORS over this time.

post-866-0-05169300-1321718657.jpg

post-866-0-22262800-1321718668.jpg

Interestingly, LIX is leading avg number of days/year of TORs alone.

post-866-0-26633900-1321718675.jpg

Archived