Newest Member
    Monty
December 16/17 threat

stormtracker

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

map1.jpg

Really nice graphic!! How do you do that? I have a decent computer now - 1000 gigs HD expandable to even more though not sure how much, quad core i7 860 processors at 2.8 ghz with 8 gigs RAM expandable to 16 gigs RAM and a graphics card with 1 gig dedicated, cost me only nine hundred smackeroos - Won the cash in a lucky game of blackjack. I can open a hundred browser instances on this rig - only takes up 3 gigs RAM and applications work like a champ - Camtasia which is a video editing software would probably not even slow this puppy down.

I want so bad to learn how to set up those snow maps.

You need to move those lines about 120-170 miles ESE. This snowstorm is going to clobber Midlothian, Richmond, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Roanoke Rapids, Elizabeth City most of N NC and even the Outer Banks before all is said and done.

If you live in the mountains of SW VA and W NC - Stock up on food and water and firewood. Plan on the LONG haul.

DCA will have clouds and a 20% chance of a few scattered flurries.

Stock up on salt and shovels NOW Midlo!!!!!!!!! You're gonna need a MUCH bigger snowplow!!!!

Or........................................You could simply call the Jebman........

A 4-6" snowstorm is a very healthy snowstorm for C VA for mid December. I really hope it pans out and that the weekend storm comes to fruition. If we could get a biggy that would be even better....despite the improvements last year, RIC still deserves it as there's a lot of catching up to do. We went through an awful stretch for nearly 20 years having well below average seasons. In addition, maybe we get a white Christmas two years in a row?

A 4-6" snowstorm is a very healthy snowstorm for C VA for mid December. I really hope it pans out and that the weekend storm comes to fruition. If we could get a biggy that would be even better....despite the improvements last year, RIC still deserves it as there's a lot of catching up to do. We went through an awful stretch for nearly 20 years having well below average seasons. In addition, maybe we get a white Christmas two years in a row?

If that were to happen, I would put on George Winston's winter album and dance in the snow.

Hold me to this - I will post a video.

Looks like the 6z NAM wants to bring that 0.25 line close to DC Metro :weight_lift:

Has anyone seen the 03z SREF's, they are holding strong on bringing this north, and always have. Watch for higher ratios (14/15-1) around DC/Baltimore. Feeling DC has a real chance at 2-4'' if this keeps coming north with 1-3'' possible in Baltimore.

I think this is one of the first times that the entire state of Virginia out to the coastal plain could be in on accumulating snowfall.

Last Jan. 30, snow fell everywhere in VA. If I am not mistaken, on Jan 31, every inch of the state had snow on the ground, in some places, a lot of snow. Could be wrong about the peninsula, but I think it was covered as well.

Archived