Newest Member
    Monty
December 16/17 threat

stormtracker

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest someguy

18Z GFS is a general inch, maybe a little bit more as that is a pretty good RH slug moving over a pretty cold air mass. Maybe low 20's when the snow starts Thursday AM?

LOT more than an inch down here on 18z GFS

im starting to like the idea of some accum around here better... support is there -- sref has .1 knocking on my door. often these lows over the northeast etc are progged too strong in the distance. our upward potential maybe like 2"-3" or so in dc area but further south gets a nice little snow it seems.

not sure i buy the increase in precip in the max area fully but we'll see how it plays out.

im starting to like the idea of some accum around here better... support is there -- sref has .1 knocking on my door. often these lows over the northeast etc are progged too strong in the distance. our upward potential maybe like 2"-3" or so in dc area but further south gets a nice little snow it seems.

not sure i buy the increase in precip in the max area fully but we'll see how it plays out.

Agree. I called for an inch in DC earlier today.

The further north the better, obviously. Those in south-central va, are there temp issues starting to come into play? I hope not for those guys. I don't know if its possible, but I'd like to see all of Va get something good. Don't know about anybody else, but I want this event to work out. I'll worry about the weekend later.

Guest someguy

The further north the better, obviously. Those in south-central va, are there temp issues starting to come into play? I hope not for those guys. I don't know if its possible, but I'd like to see all of Va get something good. Don't know about anybody else, but I want this event to work out. I'll worry about the weekend later.

the 0z TUES rusn shwoed mucy more warm air... now the zero 850 isotherm never makes it to richmond at all

which again is colder by 3 or 4degres Cthan the 12z NAM which had RIC to +2c by 7pm Thursday

Guest someguy

Doubt it. AKQ will probably wait until at least the afternoon updates. I believe Anthony said in another thread that 4" is the warning criteria.

once they have said 1-2" they never vary ... until after the 4th inch has fallen

the 0z TUES rusn shwoed mucy more warm air... now the zero 850 isotherm never makes it to richmond at all

which again is colder by 3 or 4degres Cthan the 12z NAM which had RIC to +2c by 7pm Thursday

Good. And good luck to you guys down there. I'll be happy if the ground gets covered.

Archived