Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Tracking the Late October Potential

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will eat my shoes if Philly and the immediate suburbs see more than 1 inch. I will eat my shoes if DC sees even a coating. Laces first, too. The ground is simply too warm. The sun angle is still strong. The temperatures are marginal at best. It's simply not going to happen. Whoever mentioned March 2001 on the other page is spot on here. This is the bust of the decade coming up for those who predicted 2, 3, 4, 5 inches around the I95 Corridor......

nothing really changes i guess. we need some hefty luck around here but weird things happen a lot these days. the gfs just makes so much more sense than the nam looking at it.

GFS makes more sense cause its climo. We don't get snow here in October. Its super rare.

BTW, ohleary said "00Z NAM sounding show CHO changing to snow between 11pm and midnight."... so perhaps a feather in the NAM's cap for now?

I will eat my shoes if Philly and the immediate suburbs see more than 1 inch. I will eat my shoes if DC sees even a coating. Laces first, too. The ground is simply too warm. The sun angle is still strong. The temperatures are marginal at best. It's simply not going to happen. Whoever mentioned March 2001 on the other page is spot on here. This is the bust of the decade coming up for those who predicted 2, 3, 4, 5 inches around the I95 Corridor......

Nothing worse than sun angle and still no extra hour of sun... Right?

GFS makes more sense cause its climo. We don't get snow here in October. Its super rare.

BTW, ohleary said the NAM predicted changeover to SN at CHO between 11 and midnight... so perhaps a feather in the NAM's cap for now?

Well it's not just October climo it looks more realistic given the features.

Well according to Ohleary, the 0z NAM had it changing between 11 and midnight. Haven't checked the GFS.

Precip is running fast IMO. Models had very little QPF thru 6z.. It's been raining for 4 hours.

Go away.

Please, bust of the decade? I think, given time of year, no one is even going to remember or really care one way or another what some Met predicted for this storm, even if areas expecting 6 end up with nary a flurry. Sometimes the public is forgiving and is not as dumb as you may think -- everyone knows its highly unlikely and unusual for snow BEFORE Thanksgiving, much less BEFORE Halloween. Now if someone predicts 10 in January, and only 3 fall, that is a bust. This is just somewhat unchartered territory since its only snowed like 6 times in October around here since the Civil War

Please, bust of the decade? I think, given time of year, no one is even going to remember or really care one way or another what some Met predicted for this storm, even if areas expecting 6 end up with nary a flurry. Sometimes the public is forgiving and is not as dumb as you may think -- everyone knows its highly unlikely and unusual for snow BEFORE Thanksgiving, much less BEFORE Halloween. Now if someone predicts 10 in January, and only 3 fall, that is a bust. This is just somewhat unchartered territory since its only snowed like 6 times in October around here since the Civil War

This is gauranteed to be a historic storm from VA to New England.

Sorry, but I just have to lol at this one.

You won't have to worry about eating your shoes.

It's 37 degrees with 36 dews. I'm about 20 miles south of DCA.

Lotta RAIN on tap, maybe a flurry burst Saturday afternoon as the snow shuts off.

WESTERN Virginia, Maryland - That's another story entirely

Archived