Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Tracking the Late October Potential

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just west of the town of Leesburg at 562 feet elevation. Snowfall amounts are usually higher here. Temp seems moderate considering forecast.

There might be a big difference between just west of leesburg where elevations go up to like 600 feet and the town and parts east near the river. I am counting on my 1000 ft elevation to help me a lot with this. Still skeptical even up here but I think the ground will at least get white and I am totally happy with that for October.

If you live in Hagerstown or Harpers Ferry, etc and it is a bust, there is justification for some mild anger......but if you live in the eastern/southern parts of the warning areas, how can you get angry?.....

rationally it might be hard but it'll still happen. im never terribly happy when we get nothing and manchester gets 6".

yes...looks like the drying happens pretty rapidly late morning to early afternoon.....How much do you think the lower levels from say 925mb down to the surface will matter for someone like Ji or say Germantown?.....it looks like above that is pretty solid by early morning or even before

Not so much, for us it probably matters quite a bit. Not sure about around Baltimore, Since, I'm not actually doing a forecast, I didn't bother to look.

rationally it might be hard but it'll still happen. im never terribly happy when we get nothing and manchester gets 6".

the people who are fringed should just hop in their car and drive NW 5 miles or up a couple hundred feet.....If you live in say Gaithersburg, this is a pretty dumb event to get IMBY about......plus you get to keep your power

the people who are fringed should just hop in their car and drive NW 5 miles or up a couple hundred feet.....If you live in say Gaithersburg, this is a pretty dumb event to get IMBY about......plus you get to keep your power

The Bull Run Mountain community in Haymarket (Prince William County) looks to cash in. Many homes up there are over 1,000 feet in elevation.

Just checked the verification of the 12z NAM, precipitation on radar is about 50 miles north of where the NAM had it. The low placement is pretty close though. 00z NAM was way off...

storms are almost always faster in and out than modeled it seems

Archived