Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Tracking the Late October Potential

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is perhaps west a bit but not like the GFS.....other than some increased confidence that HGR-FDK, etc get it good, I am not skilled enough to say what happens below say 600' once you get to IAD and points east and places like Gaithersburg/Germantown.....I am glad I don't have to make a call and can just watch it unfold.....if someone forced me right now to guess what happens in my immediate backyard I'd probably go for an inch of sloppy cartop paste....

Euro is perhaps west a bit but not like the GFS.....other than some increased confidence that HGR-FDK, etc get it good, I am not skilled enough to say what happens below say 600' once you get to IAD and points east and places like Gaithersburg/Germantown.....I am glad I don't have to make a call and can just watch it unfold.....if someone forced me right now to guess what happens in my immediate backyard I'd probably go for an inch of sloppy cartop paste....

3-6" Gaithersburg N&W, 1-2" I-95.

LWX HWO's ratcheting it up -- earlier today (afternoon) there was no mention at all. This is east of the BR updated HWO by the way

LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE UP THE MID ATLANTIC COAST FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY. ACCUMULATNG SNOWS ARE POSSIBLE SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING WEST OF WASHINGTON DC...AND WEST AND NORTH OF BALTIMORE CITY

Right on the money.

Winter Storm Watch posted for many...

MD...WINTER STORM WATCH FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR MDZ003-501-502. WINTER STORM WATCH FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR MDZ004>007.VA...WINTER STORM WATCH FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR VAZ027>031-039-040-501. WINTER STORM WATCH FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR VAZ025-026-036>038-503-504.WV...WINTER STORM WATCH FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR WVZ050>053-055-501>504. WINTER STORM WATCH FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR WVZ505-506.

I'll be sure to tone it down if I get snow tomorrow ;)

nah, it is what it is

you should do much better than I

the Euro says that 7 miles west as the cow flies from mby gets about 5" more than me

but that's always the case in these kinds of storms

you should hang out atop Oregon Ridge; it should do even better

This storm is going to make it seem like a very long winter. Most people think winter starts with the first snow. An October to march winter this year.

this storm and the SE ridge the Euro is showing at day 10

I'm sure you'll be posting "It's almost 70, I can't believe we were following a snow storm 7-8 days ago"

this storm and the SE ridge the Euro is showing at day 10

I'm sure you'll be posting "It's almost 70, I can't believe we were following a snow storm 7-8 days ago"

That could happen in the dead of winter too but winter starts tomorrow my friend as far as I'm concerened

Archived