Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
First Winter Storm Threat (Oct 27/28) for New England 2011/12 - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man with that strong of a s/w, you would think the low would be closer.

Look at the second vort to pass through the split southern stream, that was non-existent two days ago on the gfs and it shows it more and more each run. Guaranteed terrible sampling on that wherever it is.

Meanwhile the norther stream has also come in stronger on each run which has brought the solution further west now even without a better phase.

At least I'll be able to do the leaves on Saturday..though it would have been nice to have them buried in snow for a few days

I wouldn't write it off, but when a model is all by itself...even a good one...it sometimes means it caves a bit. Although it had the right idea vs the GFS flat wave..it may have been too amped up.

We'll see as it is 84-96 hrs out still. It wouldn't take much to bring it closer.

At least I'll be able to do the leaves on Saturday..though it would have been nice to have them buried in snow for a few days

Maybe if I cut my grass more frequently/recently, I'd be able to have a blanket of snow that isnt' full of blades of grass peeking above the 2" snows.

Wonder if BOX will have an HWO this afternoon.

Also, still curious as to what happens on the roads when the temps drop into the 20's tomorrow night with the high density snow.

I think you would do a little better than that on the GFS, but you are on the line.

I would, I was having some fun, I think i was around .25", But i would need more help and right now it looks like this is where i may end up as far as the gfs goes, Euro had the most qpf but it has been ticking SE over the last few runs we shall see, No sweat if this one does not pan out, There are going to be many others

Thanks.

I used to be year round, but more inportant concerns in my life have taken precedence over course of that past year or so.

Yeah there are always more important things in life...but it's always nice to get the core group back for another winter of bickering, over-analyzing, friendly taunting, and celebrating when it all breaks right.

Elevation will be key, but I don't see why you wouldn't get the ground whitened where you are.

:arrowhead:

Yeah, I figured. Our latitude here helps. Greenfield is usually the one place in the Valley (in Ma.) that gets snow while it's wet S of here.

My hood is an elevated valley so we tend to be a few degrees colder. Borderline events can be white here and wet in town.

Being October white ground is all I could ask for anyway. Plus the welcome mat is always out at the Pit if I want elevation snows. ; )

Archived