Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
First Winter Storm Threat (Oct 27/28) for New England 2011/12 - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it remarkable that you haven't hit freezing yet. You must have been close. I've seen frost at the top of the crest in Peru and at 2k. Either way, seems to be looking good for us. I can't wait to see the first flakes mix in tomorrow and then take over. I love the first snow.

I got to 33.9 on Monday morning.

My forecast now includes a slushy inch of accumulation for Kevin and the rest of the NW and NE hills of CT.

Further north I think 1-3" in the hilly terrain of western and central Massachusetts... maybe a spot 4" amount in some of the higher spots >1500 or 2kft.

Congrats, Kevin. I hear Lesco grass cools faster than grasses using other fertilizers. Maybe you're inch wil be less slushy than Ryan's calling for..

And again in about 6-7 days.

I'm kind of like you. I like early season snows better than anything (Nov-Jan), but a little too much of a good thing spooks me unless we're heading for the next ice age.

You'll know that's the case when the Laurentian Fan buoy drops 10 degrees in an hour because the Thermohaline Circulation has broken down.

If you compare the BUFKIT soundings from the 18z GFS and 18z NAM the difference is amazing. The GFS is extremely mild in the boundary layer... to be honest it doesn't even get close to accumulating snow even >1kft in CT.

Euro is a decent compromise. Aside from it being the most accurate model to begin with, it sits in the middle of the extreme soundings. Though Kevin might take an electrical bath on the Euro wuth Union getting an inch or two and he gets a couple tenths, lol.

Euro is a decent compromise. Aside from it being the most accurate model to begin with, it sits in the middle of the extreme soundings. Though Kevin might take an electrical bath on the Euro wuth Union getting an inch or two and he gets a couple tenths, lol.

Union and me will have the same totals from this. Once they flip to snow..I'll be right behind them

lol no kidding. The GFS is so freaking warm compared to the NAM it's a lot more than their usual 24-hour disagreement.

If you take a compromise you get some slushy accumulation... but if the NAM is right we're talking about much more impressive snows even south a bit.

Archived