Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
First Winter Storm Threat (Oct 27/28) for New England 2011/12 - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like accumulating snow on the cp in October. I have seen Will's rationale but for Boston it's a damper on winter. JMHO.

With that said...I'm a weenie so....bring it! Snow cover on both sides of the pole is looking way better.

I was in Birmingham,AL since Sunday...just back today. The cool raw day feels great!

I don't like accumulating snow on the cp in October. I have seen Will's rationale but for Boston it's a damper on winter. JMHO.

With that said...I'm a weenie so....bring it! Snow cover on both sides of the pole is looking way better.

I was in Birmingham,AL since Sunday...just back today. The cool raw day feels great!

Your 320" forecast for here is looking good right out of the gate. Nice call.

I'll make it easy for you. That red line is the modeled temp profile of the atmosphere. The scale on the left is in millibars but notice you have meters there too. Notice the lines that slant up and to the right. Those are isotherms. Just follow that red line up through the atmosphere and you can see how it crosses the corresponding isotherms.

Way late I know, but thanks for the tips on this.

:)

That's funny cause i feel just the opposite.I like to see a slushy inch in late Oct.

The Davis works fine..just the connection to the mesomap won't link up

I'm telling you, give Cumulus a try. Here's a link right to the download file:

http://sandaysoft.com/download/CumulusSetup.exe

Download it, then install it. Plug your Davis in and it will recognize it and start retrieving data from it. Then click on Configuration and select Internet. Check the box for Wunderground, enter your ID and password and you'll be on the map within an hour.

HTH

http://sandaysoft.co...umulusSetup.exe

Download it, then install it. Plug your Davis in and it will recognize it and start retrieving data from it. Then click on Configuration and select Internet. Check the box for Wunderground, enter your ID and password and you'll be on the map within an hour.

HTH

Psst, Blizz doesn't really want to be hooked up.

http://sandaysoft.co...umulusSetup.exe

HTH

Cool...I'll try doing that over the next day or so

Archived