Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Post Tropical Storm Ophelia-Last advisory

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this entity has developed a new circulation :X..... I think the other one raced out ahead and died yesterday. Today its developed a new one further north and east of the other one. Still a bit lopsided to the right right though based on visible imagery. Also does not appeared to be aligned with the mid-level rotation.

The ECMWF appears to have scored a coup here, despite its solution being flatly discounted by the NHC:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2011/al16/al162011.discus.019.shtml?

In general it's amazing how good the better models are.

I think this entity has developed a new circulation :X..... I think the other one raced out ahead and died yesterday. Today its developed a new one further north and east of the other one. Still a bit lopsided to the right right though based on visible imagery. Also does not appeared to be aligned with the mid-level rotation.

Wow ECWMF has done a 180 from all previous modeling now now makes the system a formidable hurricane out around 96-120 hours. While I'm not ready to believe this yet, it does appear a new circulation is developing under the convection under a more favorable environment than where the previous vorticity was centered.

Looking at the upper cloud motions it doesn't appear to be that sheared; it seems more that it's just in the initial organizing phase, i.e, convection lining up with the center of circulation and vice versa.

Probably, but it's quite sheared. LLC is partially naked in the NW edge of the convection.

Archived